[ Chapter 8 - Aftermath ]

I slapped Jack Aceson Juarez.

Only about a billion things were running through my mind when my hand met his face. 

The slap was triggered by the thought that he was just toying me the whole time. When he told me he fell for me, when he ignored me for five months straight and even right now as he looked at me with nothing but amusement in his face. 

Was my slap amusing to him too? 

Was I just a form of entertainment to him?

"Tony's right, nothing good ever comes from Beta," I gave him a disappointed look and he gave me a stare that I couldn't read.

"I came here to warn you because Tony is good in all forms of martial arts. I don't know if it was concern that made me do it, but right now I'm convinced that I no longer care so good luck, Juarez," and I left. 

I was pretty sure he had something else to say but I didn't stay long enough to find out. I just gave him a taste of his own medicine, leaving after making a point. 

I hurried towards the gym, still irritated by what had just occurred. I blamed myself for even wanting to warn him in the first place. 

It didn't take long, soon the group that was standing outside our examination room was at the gym on the fourth floor. Ace and Tony had changed into comfortable clothes and soon they were both on the mat. 

The gym was huge, it was cut into two different parts. One had all the equipment used for working out and the other had all the different kinds of mat needed for all the various martial arts.

Anne and Ronald were talking at the side. On the other hand, Tony and Ace seemed to be eyeing each other on the mat. 

It was pretty obvious who was going to win; it was going to be Tony.

Tony is a black belt in almost all martial arts, he was not an athlete, he was a martial artist. He started at a young age, he said it was necessary for self-defense since he was planning on becoming a detective.

On the other hand, Ace might have a good physical built, he is good at sports but martial arts was not his territory. 

Not unless he was hiding his skills of course. 

I heard myself heave a huge sigh before I sat down on the bench,  near the mat. The rest of the crowd was mostly standing some whispering while the others were cheering. Most of them were from Beta, I bet they were expecting Ace to win. 

Anne made her way towards me, "Are you sure you don't want to stop Tony? He will follow you, you know." 

"It's too late, asking him to stop now will only humiliate him in front of these people," I bit on my lower lip.