[ Chapter 19 - London Baby ]

Ace won. Beta won.

I apologized to the group. We should have won, we were the first one to arrive in the last station and yet Beta was able to beat us. I knew it was my fault. Maybe if I had not let fright take over me at the second station we could have won. 

I didn't wanna show how glum I felt so I tried my best to smile in front of the team. Ivan and George have another reason to think me useless now. 

I wanted to leave but I didn't want to look like a sore loser so instead, I faced Beta and smiled. 

"Good game, Pres," I held out my hand for Ace to shake. 

He smiled widely and shook it, "Indeed."

"It's just one event, I'm pretty sure we would win the overall," I shrugged.

"We'll see."

He didn't let go of my hand so I was the one who broke free. He gave me a small pout when I did so I rolled my eyes at him. 

There was an hour break given before they announced the winners for the events that have not been announced yet and the overall winner for Sports Fest. As usual, the executive committee of Iota and I had tallied up our score, excluding the merits and deductions. 

We were leading by 15 points. There are five events left to be announced. It was going to be a close fight with Beta. We were going to be first or second, that I was sure of. 

I prepared myself for the worst. 

Ace and I had promised each other to let what happens on Sports Fest remain in Sports Fest but I knew that I was going to be sad and down if we lose. There were so many things at stake, I wanted to rub it on Ivan's face that I was a good House Head. I wanted him to see that we were going to win. 

At the same, apart of me wanted to tease Ace when our house wins. 

I slumped on the chair provided for the executive committee when the announcement of the winners begun. 

They started with the dance competition followed by artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, weight lifting, and finally aerobic gymnastics. 

I didn't bother calculating the scores since there were going to be deductions and merits based on the teachers. Still, I managed to note the winners for each event, Zeta, Iota, Beta, and Beta respectively. 

"For the aerobic gymnastic, we have Kappa in fourth place, Beta in third place, Zeta in second place and Iota in the first place!" Miss Randell beamed at our house. 

Anne was smiling widely now, we congratulated her.