[ Chapter 16 - Ace Quits ]

"Ba- Ace what  the hell?" I got between him and Nathan.

The word babe had almost slipped my lips. Recently, Ace and I have made the habit of calling each other babe when we were alone together. 

 Ace smirked at me, he looked as pissed as ever. Nathan studied the two of us for a bit, he gave me a small smile before heading away. 

"What was that?" I asked in a harsh whisper to Ace. 

"I was jealous, my body reacted naturally."

"Your body reacted naturally?" I mocked his words. 

I knew that there were people staring at the two of us but we weren't doing anything funny, our gestures may even suggest to them that we were fighting so I let them be. 

"Unlike other people who walk away when they get jealous, I normally step in the scene," he grinned. 

He was referring to me, he knew I got jealous of that girl, Lexina just now. 

"Maybe some people are just assuming that they walked away cause they were jealous," I rebutted but I knew it was not good enough. 

He looked at me amused before leaning in a little, "You better stop getting mushy and talky to other guys especially when I'm around, it makes me want to throw hands."

"It was not mushy," I almost yelled. 

"To me, it was. Anyway, good luck, babe," he emphasized the word babe. 

I tucked my tongue on my left inner cheek trying to suppress both annoyance and butterflies. He was so straight forward, it always catches me off of the guard.

My match against Beta begun, I was able to win though the game was much harder compared to the previous one. If it wasn't for my wits, I would not have been able to win. 

It was a talent to be able to play sports while calmy thinking about your next move. 

Right after the game, I felt the heavyweight on my hips, it was so sore I could barely stand so I sat down on the bench. 

Ace had already left since he had a game, I believe it was Table Tennis Doubles. 

I swiped through my phone and immediately messaged the group chat of the Iota executive committee. 

From Cana: Is everyone doing alright?

From Jaymie: Yes, Pres! Jorick was able to place first in Golf. 

From Tony: Aikido just ended, I got gold. 

From Javie: Sorry guys, I was only able to place second on swimming. 

From Cana: It's alright, keep up the good work. :")) How about Anne? 

From Javie: Anne's currently on her third lapse, she's in third place. 

Anne was competing in swimming as well, breaststroke. We weren't expecting much from her since that was not her sports at all. Still, we did hope for the best. Our swimmer, Jie An, had just graduated last year and there was no one to replace her. Anne was the only choice we had since she used to do diving when she was young. 

I had no more events for the day so I decided to roam around and check out how the rest of the players were doing in their own events. I was not able to keep track of all the winnings we had today, that was Jaymie's job, but I had a feeling that we were leading.