[ Chapter 7 - Challenge Accepted ]

Ace left me in a daze at the garden after Green Day. 

It has been a week since then but I  still couldn't figure out if what he had said was a lie. It was bothering me a lot and I was not even the type to fret about such concerns. 

I hadn't told anyone about it. I only had two people I trusted in Iota which was Tony and Anne. Telling them would not really help me out so I decided to keep it to myself.

Thus, even if Ace meant what he said in a romantic way and he wanted things to get serious we both knew that being involved in a romantic relationship with someone from another house was against the rules.

Our school had no rules and regulations when it comes to couples unless the two individuals come from different houses. There are a few stories on why this rule had started. Some were obviously made up, others were way too detailed but there was one which I actually believed, it was the most famous story on campus.

It started with a power couple from Zeta and Iota, they said the two only had one goal and it was to combine all the houses. They believed having an environment like this one was too toxic, it doesn't create a positive rivalry between the houses. Friendships that used to be there would suddenly vanish because of the system. 

After that, couples from two different houses became a trend until it was banned by the school. The school stated that falling in love with someone from another house translates to you falling in love with that house. 

It was such a pathetic excuse but a lot of students bought it.

It was a sunny Saturday morning, I should be enjoying the sun and yet I was here thinking about these things. On top of that, I still had a lot of drafts to be done and submitted by Monday but my body was in no mood to do anything. 

"This sucks," I spoke to my blue teddy bear. 

I forced myself out of bed and took a quick shower. It was only 8 am so I decided to do a quick work out at the gym before continuing to do my drafts.  

The gym on the 4th floor was rather empty. Well, the 3rd and 4th-year students were always busy unlike those from the 1st and 2nd year. I was still adjusting to the facilities of the fourth-floor since I was new to it.

I began to do warm-up and right after that, I went straight to the treadmill. 

I started with a slow jog. After 5 minutes I increased the speed and began to run. 

"Your ass is juggling."

I almost fell off of the treadmill when I heard the horrid comment.

I quickly turned off the treadmill and felt myself get a little dizzy due to the sudden stop. 

"What the hell?" I almost yelled sharply at whoever was at my back.

Ace was laughing on the sit-up bench,  he had both his hands up in surrender.