[ Chapter 18 - The Final Event ]

Ace had Ivan up by his collar. 

I pushed past the people who created a circle enclosing the two. 

"Take that back, you asshole," Ace was seething in anger. His hands were trembling furiously as he held Ivan tightly by his collar. 

I got so used to Ace mocking his enemy in fights that it surprised me to see that he was the one being provoked this time around. I never imagined him getting provoked by someone who said their house was cheating. I should have known they were talking about something else.

"No, I won't. Iota's president this year is useless and I stand by it," Ivan spoke through gritted teeth. 

My heart sank due to his remark. 

I had decided to let Ivan and his group of friends play for the Quidditch game because I thought they would not purposefully pull the house down. I knew that Ivan was better than that, he loves our house. 

When I heard the scream just now I had initially thought that they proved us wrong. I thought that they were going to humiliate our house and lash out on it because he did not become the House Head this year. 

I didn't know if I was going to be thankful that it was not the case.

As I had predicted he did love our house a lot, he didn't dare to dirty it. 

He only hated my guts.

Ivan and I were very close to each other last year when I was still under him, I followed his every order. The distance between us only grew when I got the position of the House Head this year. I knew that he got mad at me, I just didn't realize he would hold such a big grudge. 

"Why do you care anyway? You're from another house. What gives?" Ivan tried to break free from Ace's grip but he could not.  

"If you can't even recognize all the hard work she puts in for your house, you are a much worse jerk than I will ever be," Ace stated.

"She plays for the house, so what? Don't we all?" Ivan refuted. 

"She plays with an injured hip and arm. She makes sure all her house members are doing good that is why they have to do rounds in school to check on all the games. No other house does that except for yours and you still don't recognize everything she does?" Ace scoffed and Ivan remained quiet.

"If you don't then you are blind," Ace pushed him away. 

Ace had not realized I was in the crowd. After he pushed Ivan away, he immediately left. His teammates followed behind him, giving him pats on his back. 

The quidditch match had ended already, Beta had won. I guess the fight only began after the match.