[ Chapter 17 - The Prideful One ]

"Dude, what the hell?" 

I think his name was Terry, he was the first one who got annoyed when Ace suddenly announced that they were not going to participate in the event. 

Ceasar and Abigail who were both apart of the event laughed. They seemed to find the situation amusing. It made me curious, I knew Ceasar had the knowledge about me and Ace going out but why was Abigail laughing as well?

"If the Pres says he quits, then me too," Ceasar joined and placed his gun down.  

"It would be useless without these two idiots so I quit too," Abigail laughed. The rest of the members of the team looked frustrated, in fact, everyone from Beta that was watching started to jeer at the three of them. 

"Boo all you want, without the three of us you guys would not reach anything anyway," Ceasar yelled at those people who were insulting them. 

Ceasar had a point, the three of them had been playing a lot of games for Beta. On top of that, they would always get the top spot. 

"Do you still have a reason to play now?" Ace whispered harshly at me. 

"There are other houses you fool, why would you quit?" I hissed through gritted teeth in return.  

I felt annoyed. The thought that he had quit the game for my sake irked me. I didn't realize he was that kind of guy. 

"Don't blame me if this becomes the reason why your house won't win Sports Fest this year," I turned around and left him. 

He scratched his head furiously before making an exit. Abigail and Ceasar trailed behind him. 

Miss Randell and Mr. Macklet who was both officiating the game looked at each other before announcing that Beta has forfeited the event which automatically puts them in fourth place. 

"The idea was he would go easier on the house, but quitting? Damn, if we knew he would quit all the games that you are involved in, we should have always pitted you with him," Tony laughed and so did Anne. 

I bit my lower lip in annoyance, I was in no mood to joke. 

I muttered a few curses under my breath before I followed the rest of my group to our base. 

Ace was still stuck on my mind. If he thinks that he could get me to quit this event just because he did, he was wrong. It struck me how prideful I was. I think I was starting to get some of Ace's traits because we have been staying together with each other for too long.

Still, the same thought keeps repeating in my head. 

Did he quit because he was playing against me? 

Was it because I didn't listen to him about my injury?