[ Epilogue ]

If it wasn't for Scion University I wouldn't have met Athena Calleen Vandia. 

Then again, if it wasn't for the same university, I wouldn't have broken up with her nor operate on her. A lot of things wouldn't have happened. 

I wouldn't have had two kids sitting on my lap.

I wouldn't have such a beautiful wife. 

I wouldn't have such a great family. 

"Babe, Edward said he is coming over today, it's his freedom anniversary," Cana called out behind one of the huge blankets. It was Sunday, family day, and as usual, we spent our morning at our backyard where Cana would be hanging out clothes. The maids could have done it but when she was free, she always insisted on doing some of the house chores.

"Uncle Edward is coming over?" Andrea smiled.

"Is he? Is he?" Adeline jumped down from my lap. 

The twins smiled widely at me, they were only turning four next year yet they could speak so fluently, it was a good thing that they got their mother's brilliance. 

"He is, so the two of you better behave," I warned, they both pouted. They may have gotten Cana's brilliance but I'm pretty sure they got their energetic quality from me, they were always jumping, running, fighting with each other. 

I let the two of them down before I headed towards Cana who was trying to fix the huge blanket. I helped her with it before wrapping my arms around her, kissing her forehead while I was at it. 

"It's been four years since that mess," she started, recalling our past and I smiled weakly. 

"We were able to overcome it." 

"Indeed," she smiled. 

"Just don't ever let me operate on you ever again," I sighed and she raised a brow. 

"Why not," she pouted. 

"Cause for the first time my hand was actually shaking during an operation."

She looked at me seriously, smiling before giving me a short peck on the lips. 

"I won't then," she reassured me. 

"Ace, why didn't you become an Obygyny?" Cana suddenly asked as the two girls made their way towards us, running round and round. I tried to ignore them so I could answer Cana. 

"It's not something I want to do but I'm not against it," I smirked at her and her sudden question. 

"Cause mom was telling me the story of how you, a doctor, was panicking like hell when I was giving birth. I'll admit, I can't remember any of it but when my mom described how you went so pale and how you yelled at the Oby, I felt so disappointed that I couldn't remember," she laughed.