[ Chapter 13 - The Owner ]

WARNING: This chapter talks about abuse, sex, and rape. 

.

.

.

.

Kappa; no wonder she was able to tolerate such actions.

Someone from Iota would have reported it to someone outside. Someone from Beta would not have kept it a secret. Someone from Zeta would probably start a rumor or rally. 

I bit on my lips tightly, "What else did you find out?" 

Ace took out a piece of folded paper from his pants pocket. 

"Whoever this person is, she should have graduated in 1901, 1907, 1924, 1932, 1945, 1954, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1999, or 2000. She gave a clue that her house was 2nd in place when she was in 2nd year," he paused. 

"This journal was written in her second year, she was raped when she was 19," Ace lowered his voice. He pitied her, he was not even making a single joke. He was dead serious. 

"It was just a single line but she had also mentioned that Iota was 1st in place that year, which automatically gives us 4 years, 1901, 1945, 1984 and 1999. I wanna assume that it is someone from batch 1984  or 1999. The book would be in a much worst state if it was from someone in 1901  or 1945, but there is still the possibility so I don't wanna close it," he pressed on the search engine and begun to type.

"And the laptop?"  I gestured to it.

"We are going to find all the students from Kappa who did not graduate from those batches, from there we can look at their personal records,"  he was still focused on the screen. 

"What should I do?"  I asked. 

"You can massage my back while I'm at it," he winked playfully and I smacked his shoulders. 

"Just kidding, I need you to look for a book that was stated here; Copperhead Road by Roger Canaff. Read it for me will you? I tried to search for it online but the security system blocked me, there is something about that book. I'm pretty sure that all the copies in the library have been thrown away too but I'm hoping that this person has hidden a copy. It was stated in the journal that it is her favorite one and she would always hide it behind other books to make sure that no one else takes it," he sighed and looked deeply into my eyes. 

"Cana," he said in a serious voice. 

"What is it?"

"Are you sure about this? Our lives may be on the line." 

I could tell that despite my answer, he was still going to find out who the person was. His curiosity was burning, it was just like mine. He wanted justice to be served for the owner of the diary.

"I am. Who knows, maybe the two of us will be the ones who would finally shut this university down?" I smiled and stood up.