Engagement

In the car.

Preeta: Tum yahi ruko, mein ice cream leke aati hu.

Karan: Kyun??

Preeta: Bhul gaye kya!! Tum The Karan Luthra ho...bahar gaye, toh wapas aane se rahe.

Preeta goes to get ice cream.

Preeta: Bhaiya do ice cream dena...

Vendor: Ji madam...madam itne dino baad aaye aap... saab nahi aaye??

Preeta is left confused. Just then a man wearing a shawl comes and gives the money to the vendor and takes Preeta away.

Preeta:  Ayye!! Chodo mujhe!! Chodo warna aisa haal karungi ki kisi ko pakadne layak nahi rahoge!!

Karan (removing the shawl): Uffo babydoll kitna bolti ho tum!!

Preeta is surprised to see Karan.

Karan: Ab car mein baitho jaldi!!

He then drives further to a deserted place. He gets out of the car and removes his shawl.

Preeta hands him his ice cream and starts eating hers. Karan looks at her, how innocent she looked, how pure.

Preeta finishes her ice cream and looks at Karan with pleading eyes.

Karan (frowns): Yeh lo...(hands over the ice cream to her).

She sits on the bonnet of the car and starts eating his ice cream too. He looks at her and smiles. He is falling in love with her, all over again.

Preeta then smears ice cream on his cheek.

Karan: What the!!

Preeta laughs while Karan smirks.

Karan: Udhar dekho...

Preeta: Kaha??

Karan points to a direction and she looks there. He then brushes his cheek with hers, smearing ice cream on her. She closes her eyes, feeling him.

Preeta: Yeh...

Karan: Tit for tat...

Karan: Waise tum toh kisi par itni jaldi trust nahi karti...toh phir mein kyun??

Preeta (finishing her ice cream): Pata nahi...bas aisa lagta hi nahi hai ki hum ek dusre ko ek hafte se jaante hai...aisa lagta hai jaise mein tumhe saalon se jaanti hu...tumhare saath mein comfortable, safe feel karti hu... mujhe apne aap se zyaada tum par bharosa hai...tum yeh bharosa kabhi nahi todoge na??

Karan: Kabhi nahi, babydoll...

Preeta: Okay, toh mujhe backdoor se guestroom sahi salaamat pohchane ki zimmedari tumhari hai...

Saying this she sits in the car. He smiles and sits in the car.

Luthra house.

Karan: Dekho babydoll mere piche piche chalna...

Karan and Preeta enter through the back door and just then Rakhi comes.

Rakhi: Puttar kaha tha tu??

Karan: Mom..woh...mein...haan...bhabhi ke liye gift lene gaya tha..

Rakhi: Achcha...

Preeta is now behind Rakhi and she is about to turn, when Karan hugs her.

Karan: Mom aap kitne sundar dikh rahe ho...

Rakhi (confused): Par puttar mein toh abhi tak tayaar hi nahi hui...