Diwali

Next day.

Preeta and Karan wake up in each others embrace. Its their first diwali together. Karan kisses Preeta's forehead and she smiles. 

Karan: Good morning babydoll...

Preeta (smilng): Good morning bajarbattu...

Preeta tries to get out of his grip, but he doesn't let her and instead wriggles closer to her. She feels his hot breath on her bare skin and it makes her shiver. She closes her eyes and smiles. He digs further into her neck.

Preeta: Karan...

Karan (still snuggling closer to her): Hmmm...

Preeta is about to speak, but he doesn't let her as he replaces his nose with his lips, making her gasp. She clutches onto his shirt and he makes his grip on her stronger. He kisses her collarbone and goes up to her neck. She closes her eyes, enjoying his sweet torture. She starts opening the buttons of his shirt. He opens the dori of her dress, making her hug him tightly. He smiles at her. There is the hug of gentle arms that still gives the space to breathe; then there is the hug of strong arms that tells everything that your are - body, brain and soul - that they are with you.
She loved both, the duvets and the human shields, each has their time.

She breaks the hug and looks at him, who was already looking at her with eyes full of passion.

Preeta: You're the only person I know that gives indefinite hugs...

Karan: Well, love, where else would I rather be..

In that moment the arms squeezed a fraction tighter and Preeta breathed more slowly, her body melting into his as every muscle lost its tension to the spring air. This was life, real life. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, gently rubbing her arm. Despite the heaviness in her stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of her body pressed against his. She sunk into the warmth of his side, appreciative of the simple gesture.

Preeta: Happy Diwali, Karan...

Karan: Happy Diwali, my love...

Just then Nyra runs into the room and they both depart.

Nyra: Happy diwali, mumma, papa!!

She jumps onto the bed and hugs both of them.

Preeta: Happy diwali, jaan...

Karan: Happy diwali, princess...

The trio hug and just then Kartik enters the room. Preeta opens her other arm and Kartik joins the hug, wishing them a happy diwali.

Sherlyn is passing through their room and sees them so happy. She gets tears in her eyes and immediately runs from there.

Sherlyn (in mind): Mein aisa kaise kar sakti hu!! Itni achchi aur happy family hai... par woh Mahira!! Nahi, mujhe yeh karna hi hoga!!

She wipes her tears and goes to her room. She calls Aditya up.

Aditya (on call): Haan Sherlyn, bolo...

Sherlyn: Adi, mere paas ek plan hai, Mahira ki sachai sab ke saamne lane ke liye...

Sherlyn tells him her plan and they decide to act on it today itself.

Aditya: But Sherlyn, usse woh log tumhe ghar se nikal denge...

Sherlyn (smiles): Meine past mein bohot bure kaam kiye hai, Adi....Mein seh lungi...its okay...

Aditya: Ek baat yaad rakhna, Sherlyn...no matter what, I will always be there for you and with you...I promise..

Sherlyn and Aditya smile at their respective places and Sherlyn ends the call.

In the evening.

Everybody is preparing to celebrate diwali. Sherlyn watches the family, happy, from upstairs and a lone tear escapes her eyes. She quickly wipes it off and puts on
a stern face. She goes downstairs and wishes everyone, coldly, confusing them.

Preeta: Sherlyn, happy diwali!!

She hugs Sherlyn, making her weak in the knees. A tear escapes her eyes, which falls on Preeta and she realizes that Sherlyn is crying. Before Preeta can ask her, she quickly wipes off her tears and wishes her coldly too. Preeta looks at Karan and both are confused. They remember Sherlyn, hugging Aditya and crying, last night. Just then Sarla, Aditya, Akshat and Kritika too enter the house.They greet each other and then Rakhi calls everyone for the puja.

All the couples perform the puja. It is Sherlyn's turn and she is doing the Aarti, thinking about the times she had wronged the Arora's and the Luthra's.
She looks at the Goddess with hope and tears form in her eyes.

Sherlyn (in mind): Please maa, mujhe shakti do...mein yeh sab nahi seh sakti...

Just when the plate is about to fall from her hand, Aditya comes and helps her. She looks at him with tearfull eyes. He asks her to smile and she smiles, tearfully.
They perform the aarti together.

Rakhi and Sarla see this and look at each other, smiling. Preeta and Karan too smile, holding hands.

Later.

Nyra, Kartik and Rohan are bursting crackers and Karan and Preeta are looking at them lovingly. They remember their last diwali together. She had entered the house for the first time as Mrs. Preeta Karan Luthra. She smiles. Just then they hear Sherlyn, scolding a servant. 

Preeta: Sherlyn...

Sherlyn looks at her with angry eyes. Everybody comes to the hall, except the kids. 

Sherlyn: Kya hai!??

Everybody gets shocked seeing her behaviour. 

Karan (angry): Wahi toh hum puch rahe hai!! Kya hua hai!??

Preeta holds his hand to calm him down.

Rakhi: Puttar, kya hua tujhe??

Sherlyn (smirks): Mujhe toh kuch nahi hua par bohot jald aap logo ho hone wala hai...

Sarla: Matlab??

Sherlyn: Diwali se better din kya ho sakta hai dhamaka karne ka!!

Shrishti: Saaf saaf batao Sherlyn, hua kya hai??

Sherlyn walks around Preeta. Everybody gets confused.

Sherlyn: Toh, Preeta Luthra...tum toh kisi ko hurt nahi karti na, toh phir tumne usse kaise hurt kiya!!

Everybody looks at Sherlyn, shocked. Karan nods in no and pleads with his eyes.

Preeta (confused): Meine kisse hurt kiya??

Karan silently pleads Sherlyn, and she smirks.

Sherlyn: Apne pyaare husband The Karan Luthra ko!!

Karan closes his eyes, while the others look at Preeta, who is shocked. Sherlyn shows Karan's wounded hand to Preeta.

Sherlyn: Yeh tumhaari wajah se hua hai!!

Preeta looks at Karan, who's eyes closed and she realizes that Sherlyn is telling the truth. Sherlyn shows her the wound Karan had got due to her. Preeta gets devastated seeing his wound, specially due to herself. Painfull tears roll down her cheeks. Sherlyn tells her about her being drugged and everything she did under its influence. Preeta is heartbroken. She runs to her room and locks herself up. Everybody glares at Sherlyn and leave behind Preeta.

Sherlyn breaks down and is consoled by Aditya.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Precap:-

Shrishti to know the truth.