15- Christmas balls

(Ashley's POV)

Merry Christmas readers! Christmas Day is one if my favorite holidays! We eat so much food and I get so many presents, but this is the first year I'm celebrating it with Tamaki. The twins mom is throwing a Christmas party and she kindly invited all of us. Haruhi still has to hide her identity so that means I'm the only one wearing a dress. So here I am, at the mall. Looking for the perfect dress. The twins dragged me and decided to bring Haruhi as my morale support. We just entered a store that had big poofy ball gowns in the display window.

"I am not wearing that," I pointed to the dresses in the window. "Those will make me look like a cupcake."

"Oh no no no! We're getting you into something less......that." Hikaru said.

"I'm thinking mermaid or a-line." Kaoru said excitedly.

"Well.....let's go try on some dress!" I grabbed random dresses off a rack.

*cue dress montage*
I tried on mermaid, ball gowns, a-line, long, short, pink, purple, yellow, blue, loose, tight. Any kind of dress you could think of, I tried it on. No matter what I tried, I just couldn't please my group.

"Is that all the dresses?" Haruhi asked.

"There's one more left." I told her.

"Well go try it on!" The twins commanded.

I went back to the dressing room and slipped on the dress. It was dark blue, the top was fitted and the bottom was soft and loose. The sweetheart neckline was diamond encrusted and had this giant diamond in the middle. My waistline had this dangly diamond belt.I opened the door and walked out. I heard a collection of gasp.

"Ashley.....I think you found the perfect dress...." Haruhi said.

"And it's even more perfect because it's not a Christmas color. You'll stand out as the most beautiful girl there." Hikaru said.

"U-um thanks....." I felt blood rush to my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~time skip to the day of the ball~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Haruhi! Help me zip this up!" I shouted across my house.

My dad was helping Haruhi with her tie. My parents bought her a black suit and red outlining on the edges. it look pretty jazzy on her. Akio wore the same suit except green outlining. It was obvious that no one was going to help me so I had to do this on my own. I tired reaching for the zipper but it couldn't locate it. This was harder than I thought it would be.

"Let me help you." Mamma zipped up the back for me.

"Thanks mamma." I said.

"So grandma gave me a necklace and told me to give it to you when the time was right...." She pulls out a dark blue velvet box and hands it to me.

My eyes widen as I opened it. The necklace shimmered as the light shined down on it. The diamonds were big and small and all these different sizes. I gently pulled it out and held it in my hands. Mamma grabbed it out of my hands and placed it on my neck. The cool metal felt weightless and perfect on my neck. Mamma turned me around and fixed my hair. As she brought a curl to the front, tears started to brim her eyes.

"You look so beautiful." She whispered.

"Awww mamma, don't cry." I wiped away her tears.

"Come on, let's get you down stairs. Tamaki's been waiting for ages for you." She sniffed.

"Wait.... when did Tamaki get here?"

"Like 30 minutes ago."

"Gee... thanks for letting me know."