♛Chapter 48♛

Art by: (sorry if I got this wrong)
@foooooooooooooooooooof
Isn't the art just the coolest?

Art by: (sorry if I got this wrong)@foooooooooooooooooooofIsn't the art just the coolest?

╔════•| ✿ |•════╗

╔════•| |•════╗

The supermarket was surprisingly clustered that day, considering it was mid-day on a school day, it only took a few seconds to realize that he, Hikaru, and Kaoru were the only teenagers in the store, and to be more specific they were the only male...

The supermarket was surprisingly clustered that day, considering it was mid-day on a school day, it only took a few seconds to realize that he, Hikaru, and Kaoru were the only teenagers in the store, and to be more specific they were the only male customers there (However Saiki didn't care if they saw him as a boy, girl, neither, or both), that wasn't the main thing though. The only men that were in their early to mid-twenties that were employees wishing that they had something to call a life, while the rest were middle-aged women shopping for food when their husband and kids get back.

Saiki even recognized a few, one being Mrs. Kaido, who was at the beer section, trying to find the strongest six-pack, but only to find none had fit her taste.

She then moved to the whiskey and bourbon part of the store which was on the aisle right next to Saiki's. It only took a quick second and a few thoughts later for Saiki to realize she was this far from the city so no one would recognize her, and ruin her reputation that she was a very 'sober' type of person, and was very clear to Shun that he would never be allowed drink until he's out of the house, married and with kids.

(So pretty much never, )

Saiki walked the opposite direction from Mrs. Kaido, saving her from the embarrassment. He would have done otherwise to almost any other person, but Mrs. Kaido gave him coffee jello, so in Saiki's eyes, past being a very strict overprotective parent, she was a good person and had her head in the right place.

Saiki got the things he needed, two bags of instant coffee (with free gauze to go with it, if you were to burn yourself), and ramen noodles to go with it, he was, however, not a big fan of the mix of eating ramen and drinking coffee together, but the king of the club liked it that way, so who was Saiki to judge.

As the three (Saiki) walked to the cash register, (With the twins still writing down useless notes about Saiki, to give him the perfect 'type') Saiki went to one of the lanes that were empty, but open, unlike the rest of them, where countless women packed into the remaining six lines.

Saiki didn't seem to understand why, as the register light blinked, letting people know it was open, while someone was on the other side. It wasn't like this cash register was broken either, Mera used to work on this line.

Saiki saw it as people being judgy, and went to go pay for the noodles and coffee, but was paused as the twins grabbed him by the shoulders.

"You know," Kaoru said, half nervously, "Why don't we stand in the other line, it'll give us more time to talk." he tried to make up a lie, which Saiki was unsure about, why would he lie in the first place, he was a rich person, waiting wasn't a rich person thing to do, much less volunteer for.

"Yeah!" Hikaru agreed quickly, just as nervous as his brother, "We still need to give you your type anyways!" he said and pushed Saiki to the long line next to them, which would last at least another twenty minutes, maybe even more.

"Don't be stupid," Saiki said and shooed the twins off his shoulder, "Ootori would get mad if we're not at the club room soon," he said, not wanting to deal with the shadow king, Saiki could practically hear his debt increasing because he was their 'too late'.

The twins couldn't resort to a comeback, on why Saiki shouldn't go into the lane, as he put his items on the conveyor belt which began to move forward instantly.

"Would that be cash or credit, boy?" the man at the register asked, and the voice almost seemed familiar, as the twins gripped onto Saiki's shoulders for a place to hide. Saiki took the money out of his pocket.

"Cash please." he looked up at the person, only to find out it was Rean. "Sir." Saiki finished, Rean was a scary person, but not someone bad at all.

"Oh it's you kid," he said, "Thanks for being friends with my son," he said, as he scanned the items

I wouldn't say I'm friends with him.

Rean looked at Saiki, and to the twins who shook in fear under the man's intense glare. "F-friends?" they said shaking to their knees, wondering how Saiki, a quiet commoner could be friends with the son of a high and mighty delinquent.

"You know, kid." Rean Kuboyasu said as he finished scanning the items, and patted his hands dry, but had said 'kid' in response to not knowing Saiki's actual name. The only name Rean actually knew that was Aren's closest friend, Shun, and the two polar opposite friends, were as close as close could be. Making Rean think, for a split second, along with the people who have seen the bright purple and blue-haired duo, that they were dating.

That was obviously not the case.

"This one's on me," it was a form of thanks to Saiki, who gave him a bow in respect and bagged the ramen and coffee, the twins gave Rean a shaky thanks, and scrambled away in fear, as the two would have seemed to have a heart attack in any minute by now if they were with Mr. Kuboyasu for any longer.

That was the end of the field trip to the commoner's supermarket, and the Hitachiin twins never planned on going back to that store ever again. Saiki was just happy that he didn't need to spend any money on products for the host club, but now that he thought about it, maybe he should have gotten some hot chocolate or a chocolate bar for the little ankle-biter: Shiro, who was now keeping Suoh busy for the next episode.

But Saiki had a feeling this would not be the last time he would see that kid even after this episode.