Chapter 9

If all it is, is eight letters. Why is it so hard to say?

I was in class when Midnight the pro-hero came in the class. All the guys started them drooling over her. For some reason I felt jealousy take over me when Denki was looking at her.

"What's so special about her? She's just wearing very tight clothing. I could do-" I was tapped on my shoulder. I looked at Kirishima. He had a smug look on his face.

"Someone's jealous," he teased. My face turned bright red. He raised an eyebrow. "You have a crush on Kaminari!" He yelled a little too loud. Some of our classmates looked at us, but luckily Kaminari didn't hear and Katsuki wasn't paying attention.

"I do not!" I yelled back at him. He nodded in disbelief. "I don't!" I yelled way too loud.

"Ms. Bakugo! If you have something to say, say it." Midnight yelled at me. I looked at her and shrunk in my seat. She cleared her throat a continued what she was saying. "As I was saying: today you'll choose your hero names. And who your internship will be with." She handed out dry erase boards.

I immediately wrote down what I wanted mines to be. Mystery. Why? It's a mystery! Was that funny? No? Ok...

When it was my turn I walked up to the front showed my name. "Mystery," I said aloud.

"Why that?" Midnight asked. I licked my lips and smirked slightly.

"Because you never know what you'll get with me," I said slowly. She hummed in response and nodded.

-

Now we were looking for who we wanted to have an internship with. I really didn't know who to choose. Until I saw Todoroki about to leave class. I ran up to him.

"Hey, Todo who you working with?" I asked. He looked at me with his usual straight face.

"My father, Endeavour," He said in a low tone. The number 2 hero. He may not be the greatest dad but there'll be something to learn form him.

"All right! Then I'm joining you!" I yelled loud. Why do I do this? Everyone looked at me.

"You're joining... Him?" Kaminari asked. His voice was noticably disappointed. He even looked a bit sad with jealousy.

"Yep! Can't leave him alone with his fa-" Todoroki covered my mouth with his hands.

"My condolences. She doesn't know what she's saying. But yes, she'll join me with the internship." And with that he dragged me out the classroom. I glared at him for doing that but I stopped when I saw he had a small smile on his face.

"What you smiling about?" I asked salty.

"Young love. Are you and Kaminari a thing?" He asked bluntly. I froze and my face was redder than the left side of his hair.

"We are not dating! And I don't like him!" I yelled. I was about to keep complaining untill I saw the purple headed dude from the sports festival. I think his name is Hitoshi Shinso.

I ran up to him. He glared at me like Todoroki does. It wasn't that scare since he's like an inch taller than me. "I saw you at the sports festival. Your quirk is amazing!" I exclaimed. He scoffed and looked away.

"Leave me alone. I'm not here to make friends," His voice was low. He was about to walk away until I said, "But honestly. Brainwashing quirk. You should be in the hero course," he looked back at me shocked.

"You really think that?" I nodded. I looked back at Todoroki. He looked a bit impatient.

"I'm really glad you decided to become a hero instead of a villain!" I exclaimed. "Although, your quirk could quite useful to us," I voiced my thoughts.

"Us?" I froze and mentally face palmed. 

"Listen I got to go. But see you around," and I ran back to Todoroki.

-

We made it to the Todoroki house. It wasn't that bad of a house. We walked in and went to the living room. Endeavour was there waiting for us. He eyes me in disgust.

"You had to bring someone with you? Friends will only hold you back," He said. Todoroki rolled his eyes and sighed.

"She's staying, father," his father huffed.

"We're going to Hosu city. Put on your hero costume and we'll get going." He walked off.

Todoroki lead me to a bathroom. While he changed in his room.

I put on my black jacket, that has one sleeve on my right arm, showing my tattoo on my left arm. With my white skirt and tights. I laced up my black boots. I tied my hair back, and took all the loose hairs out my face.

I walked out the bathroom to Endeavour and Todoroki at the front of the house. "If I already didn't think less of you. This would've done it," he said before walking away. I was about to yell at him but Todoroki stopped me.

I then felt a buzz in my pocket. I checked it to see a text from Kami.

Pikachu:
You got a minute?

Me:
Yeah, what's up?

Pikachu:
I
I l
I li
I like
I like y
I like yo
I like you

Me:
Huh?!

I blushed at what he texted me. I was walking and texting and didn't realize we were on the train already. Lucky for me it didn't start moving yet.

Pikachu:
Jk jk!

Pikachu:
Ashido dared me to do that

Me:
Oooh, that makes sense...

Me:
Gtg, on a train wish me luck 🤮

Read - 5:30pm

The train started moving and I felt it. Motion sickness started to happen. I held in my vomit most of the time since I literally couldn't move. I felt physically weak.

"You're really pathetic," Endeavour commented. I glared at him and so did Todoroki. I really hope that when they kill All Might, they'll kill Endeavour as well.

This'll be a long day!