25. Related?

5.25.20

After a dinner of strange looks, I kind of lost it. "Okay, what is going on here!" I admit, my exclamation might have been a bit over the top, but I was tired of being stored in the dark. Everyone's gaze snapped towards me, and I sensed the slight fearfulness in the gazes except for Jack's. Why are these people so apprehensive around me?

"What are you talking about? Nothing's wrong." Dan's little sweat problem was resurfacing, and I narrowed my eyes at his nerves.

"You all are acting strange. You–" I pointed to Daniel with my pinky– "are sweating up a storm," My gaze shifted to Dan's brown haired father. "You keep looking at me like you're trying to piece together a math equation," When my eyes flitted over to the black haired one, my heart hammered in fear. "And you're glaring at me like I've killed your first born child!"

Tension around the table multiplied, and I felt like I was in the middle of the hunger games. "We... Um... We have..."

"What? What could you possibly have!?"

"Okay, Dev, I think it's time to calm down." I know that he's trying, but Jack's hand on my arm was just firing me up more.

"What? Oh, I'm calm! I'm so overly calm, Jack!" The amount of sarcasm leaking from my tone would make anyone want to curl in on themselves, and I allowed my fingers to wring around each other.

"Maybe we should call Dad! He can pick us up."

"Oh, no. There's something going on here, and I won't leave until I get to the bottom of it. On top of the weird looks, how does Dan look like he's come from the two of you!? Last time I checked, men can't give birth!"

Jack grabbed my arm before dragging me out of the dining room, and I could hear him apologizing through the door for my behavior. I stormed back upstairs to Dan's room before looking at the books on the shelf. Why in the world does he have so many mythological books on here? Suddenly, I felt a searing pain in my shoulder blades, and I yelped before floating to the ground.

My body jerked painfully, and my mouth was just as dry as the Sahara desert. When the pain stopped, I felt really weird. Like when your parents walk in on you masturbating weird, so to say truly, utterly strange. It was almost like my entire anatomy had shifted itself around.

When I looked down at my hands, though, I was instantly alarmed. These aren't my mother fucking hands! My hands are not furry, and they don't resemble that of an animal!

When I tried to move away from the paws, they just followed me. Are these thingys actually mine!? I tried to speak, but it just came out as a barking sound. I managed to shuffle over to the full length mirror, and sure enough I'm a huge wolf.

A knock came at the door, and I heard Dan's voice announce, "Hey, Dev. I'm coming in." Oh God, is he going to think I'm weird? Am I weird? I would have tried to hide myself, but there wasn't anywhere to go. When the door swung open, I was face to face with a shocked Daniel. "Ohhh shit. I'll be right back!"

I whined at the reaction, but the sound was foreign in my throat. This time two footsteps approached the door, and wolf Devon looked up to see both Dan and his brown haired father. "I knew that enchantment was going to bite me in the butt one day," the man cursed while approaching me. I backed away from him with a low growl in the back of my throat, but when he cooed at me, I let him touch my head gently.

"I'm gonna need ya to calm down. I promise that I'll explain what's happening once you're human again." I focused on slowing my heart rate, and soon I found myself back to normal.

"What. The absolute. Fuck?" My first reaction was accompanied by widened eyes and nervous fingers.

"Uh... Yeah you might want to sit down."

"Fine, I'm sitting, now tell me what's happening?"

"Most of the things you currently dismiss as myth are real."

"Well I don't think normal people turn into wolves!"

"I know that werewolves and vampires are real, but I don't know about other species. Obviously, you're a werewolf."

"How did I not know this until 2 seconds ago?"

"That's where it gets a little bit strange. Many years ago, I gave birth to twins, but I didn't think I could take care of both since Ash was elsewhere."

"Who's Ash?"

"My husband obviously."

"Right, sorry."

"I put a charm on one my little boys with the help of my old friends, and I sent him away; it was probably the worst decision of my life. I never worked up the courage to tell Ash about it, so he never even knew I had twins. As far as he's concerned, Dan is still an only child, but I know. I know that my little boy is out there somewhere... I know you're my son."

My what-the-fuck-o-meter had flown out of the window at this point, and at first I had no reaction to his words. My mouth hung open, and my brain had temporarily stopped responding. "You– I– what?"

"I said–"

"No I heard you... Just... What?"

"I know it's true. The charm I put on you would keep your supernatural side at bay until I saw you again. Normal people go through their first shift at 4 or 5, but I had to find a way to keep your from scaring the humans."

"I'm sorry... I already have a family."

"But–"

"There are no buts! I'm not going to risk the first feeling if happiness I had in years just to be with someone I barely know."

"I'm your father!"

"Well maybe you should have acted like it. I spent my whole life thinking that my own parents didn't love me! I found my place in the world after 17 long years; I fought with no one except for myself as comfort through this world. If you really loved me, you wouldn't have given me away when times got hard on you."

"I tried–"

"Well you didn't try hard enough! Now you get to live with the knowledge that someone in your own family hates you."

"You don't mean that!"

"Oh, but I do. I do mean what I said. I'm going home!"

"This is your home!"

"No it's not. The place I call home isn't where I'm supposed to live or where my father who abandoned me to die is, it's where I have built my relationships."

"Please!"

"That doesn't work on me. Goodbye."

I managed to slam the door so hard that it fell off of its hinges before storming down the empty hallway. When I entered the dining room, Jack was staring uncomfortably at angry black haired guy, and I just grabbed his forearm and dragged him out of the house. "Where are we going!?"

"We're going to walk along this road until your dad pulls up."

"What happened in there."

"Long story."

"Well apparently we have time."

"Dan's my brother."

Crossover, baby!