78. Different Laws

6.30.20

Devon's POV

A singular second... A lot can happen in just one second. 4 babies are born, so many chemical reactions in your body, and 2 people die... I'm one of those people. Humans live like we have all of the time in the world, but we don't. All it takes is one accident, one bad decision, or one person's mental instability, and our fragile life can be shattered. I'm one of those people; I assumed I would live forever with Oliver. I figured we would grow old and have kids, yet here I am. Another life wasted thinking I'll just do it tomorrow. I'm floating somewhere dark in an abyss, but I wasn't a real thing. I could see my hands, but they were translucent and they went through each other whenever I tried to touch them together.

Suddenly, my progress halted. Other souls continued to float forwards, but I was just stopped. My figure was yanked back at a high speed, and I would have screamed if I had the energy. With a crash, I feel into something cold and lifeless, and I had to wonder what was happening to me. The only sound was someone's harsh breathing to my left, and I began to feel alarmed.

"Devon I need your help."

"Wai-wai-wai what the fuck?"

"Don't be alarmed. I need you to feed your magic through the bond; can you do it?"

"I'll try..." I tried just shooting it through the feeling of Oliver in my chest, but it just made me feel like it was using it on myself. I searched deep inside myself to find the store of magic, and eventually I found a pool of it in the bottom of my stomach. I drew it up through my body into my hands, and I was somehow able to imagine them as Oli's hands.

"You're doing well, keep it up." My eyes opened at the knowledge, and I could see a thick purple aura circling my body. It was impossible to focus on anything except for the warmth in my chest, but I subconsciously noticed Jamie standing next to me and Blake's unconscious body.

Finally the burn in my body stopped, and I relaxed. The purple slowly floated down around me, yet I still didn't have the strength to sit up. Wait... How am I here? There was a quiet noise out of my line of vision, and it was followed by some loud voices. They multiplied twice more, and I was pretty curious as to what was happening.

Suddenly, an arm looped under my shoulders, and I got the thrill of seeing Oliver's eyes. I was concerned that I would never see them again, but I've learned a lesson from this whole thing. I have to live my life to the fullest no matter what. I used the little bit of strength I have left to lean against his chest, and my face fell into his neck. "You're safe now, Dev. No one will ever hurt you again; that's a promise." As I inhaled his scent deeply, my body began to relax into his hold once more, and I felt myself slowly drifting off into sleep. "Rest now, and I'll make sure you wake."

"Thank you..."

***

Jack's POV

As I watched their heartwarming relationship, I felt bad for being so stubborn about it. It's stunning how much they belong together, and I have no right to intervene.

"So... Who wants to bust our friends our of the hospital then party?" I suggested while leaning against the wall, and the room decided that we should unanimously. Poor Oliver teleported us all to the mansion before going to get the other two out of the hospital, and I soon realized that the pack was basically a secret. They have their own laws... I CAN GET HAMMERED!

Once Oli arrived with dad and Daniel, the partying truly began. It started with one drink, but one turned to two and two turned to five. Fairly soon I was drunk off of my ass with the room spinning around me. My body was extremely heavy, and I felt like I was barely in control of it. When I looked up, I suddenly saw these beautiful green eyes staring back at me. "You look cute~"

"Mmmm you look cute too." My words were slurred dangerously, and I felt the mysterious man catch me when the world span again. I suddenly felt lips on my own, but my drunken state wouldn't let me reject them. The contact had sent sparks through my whole body, and I found myself leaning farther into the other man's embrace. You may ask, well how do you know he's a man? Simple. Women don't get boners.

Our lips fumbled together drunkenly, and I knew that I probably wouldn't remember this in the morning. Oh well, you only live once. As long as drunk me remembers to make him use a condom, no harm should be done. I felt his hands wrap around my waist, and I jumped up so that I was literally clinging off of the guy. The motion threatened to knock us over, but luckily there was a wall behind us that just made him squish farther into my body. The motion was felt everywhere on my body, and the friction made sparks fly once more.

I continued to kiss the other person as he stumbled up the stairs, and his lack of focus almost made him trip three times. Oh well, I'm already being reckless, might as well do it good. The last step actually did make him trip, and we landed on the third story of the house with his body straddling mine. My eyes flicked open to see his mesmerizing green eyes, and he stood up with the help of the wall. We continued stumbling down the corridor until I heard a door click open, and we were soon in the darkness of a room.

The door slammed closed behind us while the lock clicked, and I put my legs down while our lips continued to fumble together. We walked backwards in sync until my calves hit the side of a bed, and I fell back under the weight of the green eyed man.

My head tilted to the side submissively when he pulled back to stare down at me, and I saw his black hair flowing down his face sexily. I'll have fun running my fingers through that later, and that's a fact. A smirk graced his slightly swollen lips, and they went down to begin kissing at my neck. My pants were beginning to feel tight around my rising problem, and I didn't have the energy to stop the noises that fell out of my open mouth as his lips attacked my neck hungrily. Like a moth to the flame, I was attracted to the thrill. There's a possibility that I'm going to regret this in the morning, but I don't care. I just need him.

When his hands slipped down my suddenly bare stomach I knew... This is going to be a fun night.

Okay so Jack is drunk and screwing a guy idk what I'm doing... That's a lie I know what I'm doing!