54. Inferno

6.12.20

Oli's POV

After one failure to get my puppy, I was determined to get it right. "Guys, we have to work together. I know you hate me, but we have a similar goal; we gotta save him." Devon's brown haired father looked up at me with tears in his eyes, and I wanted to comfort him. The thing is, if I get too close, the other father will kill me. Jack also looked pretty determined, and I hoped it was only because he wanted to save his brother. I won't let him steal my boyfriend. "I know one of you at least is going to kill me for saying this, but we need more people. Just the seven of us isn't cutting it."

"What are you suggesting; we get a whole bunch more demons so that you all can turn on us later?"

"No, we get more demons so that we have a chance. Do you want to save your son or not?"

"Fine, but I'll fucking kill you if you turn on us."

"Alright, sir, I will return."

I made my way down below the earth, yet I was shocked with what I saw. It was a bright flame smoldering... Burning down my home. No, this can't be happening!

I ran into the blaze, and I saw people everywhere trying to get out of the inferno. "Dpnf po, Mjmz! Zpv mffe sp kvnq!" I turned around to follow the voice, and there was a child in the second story window of a building going up fast. I wordlessly climbed the side of the house, and I just barely got the little girl to safety before the roof fell in on the little home. (Come on, Lily! You need to jump!)

"J'n tpssz, j epo'u ibuf ujnf. Hfu pvu of ifsf!" (I'm sorry, I don't have time. Get out of here!)

I continued to help as many people as I could, but the fire was just getting stronger. More people were getting caught as I went along, so it took me too long to even get to the end of the road. Pana was screaming her soulmate's name, but there was no responses from the house. "Qsjodf Pmjwfs, zpv ibwf up ifmq!" (Prince Oliver, you have to help!)

I immediately ran into the building, and the fire was really hot against my skin. Smoke was getting into my lungs, but I ignored it when I saw a small figure in the corner balled up. A nasty cough came from the ball, and I instantly picked up the girl. Suddenly, the roof made a horrendous noise, and I teleported just as the whole place came crashing down.

Pana had a nice reunion with her coughing soulmate, and I came to a realization. With how hot that room is... No one who isn't out already will make it. "Qbob, xf nvtu mfbwf!" (Pana, we must leave!)

"Xibu bcpvu uif puifs't!?" (What about the others!?)

"Op ipqf." (No hope.)

We managed to get up to the tunnel before the fire could hurt us anymore, and I immediately began slipping between the survivors. "J bn tpssz, hvzt, cvu j ibuf up ep tpnfuijoh." (I am sorry, guys, but I have to do something.)

I teleported back to the house of my boyfriend's parents, and they all looked at me strangely. "On second thought, we can do this on our own because I am incredibly pissed off right now. Let's go."

As soon as we landed in hell, I was on the attack. It didn't even take long for me, as angry as I am, to get through the front gate and into my father's castle. I lead the attack bashing heads together, and the other 6 people were just weeding out those I didn't get to. Finally, I caught Devon's scent, and I followed it while still fighting. When we were close to the end of the scent, Jack charged ahead with a loud battle cry, and I smirked. He's getting me space to open the door. All it took was one body slam to break the door, and I realized exactly what room we were in. My father had put me here as a child to build pain tolerance, so it brought horrible memories. Even worse was that my puppy was laying in the middle becoming wolf meat barbeque.

"I've got him, let's go!" I grabbed tightly onto Dev's fathers, and we flew out of there like no one's business. I landed in the living room, and I immediately had concerned eyes on me and the treasure in my arms.

"What do we do?" The black haired one asked while looking at his son. The boy was heavily discombobulated, and I knew why. Being in that room... It does things to a person other than just burn.

I then recalled what my mother would do with me, and I commanded, "Run a cold bath; as cold as possible. Ice if you find it necessary." The man ran out of the room like someone had set his ass on fire instead of my home, and I made sure that my grip on Devon was strong. I can't go dropping him, can I?

"Is he going to be okay?" While the man spoke, he extended a gentle hand towards his son. I didn't get the chance to warn him before my puppy flinched away from the touch, and I saw the older man's eyes go desperate.

"Most likely." I wasn't about to promise him anything, but I was also trying to convince myself that the boy would be alright. I can't lose everything I love in one day.

Dev's other father appeared in the doorway, and I noted how disheveled he looks. "The bath is ready, Oliver."

I carried my puppy into the bathroom, and I noticed just how out of it he's becoming. I dipped him into the freezing water, but not a second too soon. His eyes went wide, and I felt my heart ache when he began fighting against my hold. "What exactly is this doing other than making him sick?"

"He has burns all over his body, and this is the best way to help him. I know it isn't the most practical option or the most comfortable for him, but it'll help him faster. Devon please stay still! Sir, can you hold him down for a second?" My heart was slamming out of my chest, and as soon as his father was holding him, I stripped from my only set of clothing.

"You aren't–" I got in anyways. Luckily for me, my actions worked, and Devon's struggles decreased to none in the icy water. "You're in so much trouble when you get out of that tub, young man!"

I pulled my puppy out of the warmth before stealing the burn cream to rub against the damages skin. I could tell that my boy was out of it again, so I just wanted to check him for concussion before I let him sleep. Once I had, he passed out in my arms, and I began to get an earful from his father.

"I just didn't want him to get hurt from thrashing around in there, okay?" I snapped while still putting the cream on his front side.

"Fine... But I'm watching you."

"Noted."

"Break his heart and I'll break your face." I shivered at the threat, and I knew it was serious.

"Yes sir!"