84. Emotions

7.06.20

Jack's POV

"I can't believe you want to buy a damn crib already! We have time!" Dan shouted. I think that giving him a chance was stupid; he hasn't stopped making me feel bad about decisions since I started making them.

"Is it so wrong to be eager? It's my child!"

"You have six months! You need to slow down!"

"Seeing Dev with his baby is making me more excited for–"

"Dev, Dev, Dev! It's always about my brother with you. You're pregnant with my child, but you don't want to get over that stupid crush on my brother!"

"You don't act like I'm carrying your baby! You tell me that everything I'm doing is wrong, and you barely even acknowledge my feelings!"

"I just think that it's much too early to be thinking about buying a crib!"

I glared up at the boy, but he didn't care. He's just a selfish, conspiring bastard, and I'm sick of his little game! "You know what? I'm this close to ignoring you for the rest of my life!" I held my fingers super close together before storming out of the room that would eventually be our baby's nursery. For some reason, Dan won't stop procrastinating! I understand that it's going to be a while before the baby comes, but I'm so excited!

I stormed down the hallway until I reached the doorway to my father's new office, and I took a stabilizing breath before opening up the door. He looked up at me, and I saw the old man roll his eyes. "What was it this time? I seriously don't think staying with him is a good idea."

"I'm just... I'm really excited for the baby, so I'm already buying stuff for it, but he really doesn't like that. He told me I was stupid for wanting to get one of the pack members to make me a crib." Tears were leaking from my eyes, and I wanted to curse my stupid pregnancy hormones for making me into a pussy. My father walked around the desk, and his arms wrapped me into a tight embrace.

"You aren't stupid, son. It's okay for you to be excited; it's much more healthy than that moping thing you did for a while there. I'm happy to see you taking your roll as the future mother for offspring, and I wish he would take his place of emotional support to you. While it wasn't my original plan to watch my only son growing pregnant, I don't mind. Expands my mind just a bit more." I leaned my head onto his shoulder craving the support I should be getting from Dan, and his hand softly rubbed up and down my back. "Don't worry. Everything will turn out how it's supposed to."

"I know this sounds stupid, but I want to give birth at the human hospital. I know I'm now human, but I just want that experience for my first time."

"You're allowed to do whatever you want within reason. It's your body, and you have the decisions on every single level when it comes to your comfort. I'm just here to make sure you don't do anything stupid like drink alcohol."

"Thank you for doing what he can't."

"That's it, I'm gonna go talk to that boy's parents. They would be disappointed if they knew how he treats you."

"You don't have to, dad. I'm perfectly fine with my current situation!"

"I just want you to be happy, and you aren't feeling that way right now."

"I don't want to make him more mad."

"Jack, I don't want to scare you, but right now he's expressing abusive behaviors. He constantly tells you what you do wrong, he keeps trying to make you stop talking to others, and I'm willing to guess that he apologizes at the end of the day, right?"

"Dad, I don't want to be another victim."

"I know you don't, but sometimes it must be done! I love you so much, and I don't want to see you struggling with those issues. Please come with me so that we can talk this out with your parents, m'kay?"

I sighed, but I nodded slowly after thinking about it. He's never going to stop if I don't talk to someone about it, so I may as well halt the behavior now. I sighed and turned on my bitch switch before storming out of the room, and I heard my father chuckling behind me. I stomped all the way to Alex's office, and I didn't ever knock as I flung the door wide open. The man jumped off of his soulmate's lap with a bright red face, but I didn't really care as I continued my parade into his office. However, as soon as I had marched up to his desk, all of the words flew out of my head, and I sighed rather loudly. My dad came in much slower behind me, and he sighed when he realized that my confidence had deflated.

"Okay sit down," he sighed before pulling up another chair for himself, and I sat down. I don't really want to be talking with Dan's parents about this, but apparently it's a serious issue. "I'mma cut straight to the point. There's emotional abuse going on in our sons' relationship, and it needs to stop."

"What?"

"I said–"

"No, I heard you, just... Are you sure? Jack doesn't look too troubled..."

"Don't tell me you can't see it. Dan's doing his best to distance my son from others, he won't stop telling him what he's doing wrong, and I'm tired of Jack coming to me for support! That's supposed to be Daniel's job. Now your boy needs to step up and take responsibility, or he's never going to amount to anything useful in life!"

I looked down in embarassment at my father's anger, and I leaned my head on the desk. I don't really want to be here, but... "The boys are supposed to figure this out for themselves!"

"There comes a point where we need to step in! I wouldn't have helped your soulmate if I knew how much of an idiot you are."

"Excuse me."

"Can you both stop, please?" I begged. The tension in the room was beginning to stress me out, and I was glad that my father stood down once he noticed my stress. "He... He's making me feel like nothing I say is worth hearing; like nothing I can say is good enough for him. I don't know if even telling you is worth it, I don't know if having a baby is worth it if I'm just going to be alone. He's keeping me on a leash on the barrier of happy and sad, and it's slowly pulling me down underneath."

Tears leaked from my eyes as I finally let my feelings out, and Alex stared at me in shock. I don't think I've spoken that much in many years.

"Fine... I'll talk to him about it."