82. Forgiveness

7.04.20

Dev's POV 1 month later

"There's something you aren't telling me," I accused while glaring at Oliver. For some reason, my pregnancy is going much too quickly. According to the doctors, I'm already on my second trimester and its only been about 6 weeks.

"Okay, fine, I admit it! Demon pregnancies are accelerated to that of mortals, so you're experiencing the normal birthrate of a female demon!" Oliver bit his lip after he talked, and I realized that he had been nervous about it.

"Oli, why didn't you tell me?" I walked over to his form, and my arms curled around his waist.

"I was worried that you would want the experience of being pregnant for all nine months."

"Oliver I really don't mind. I just wish you had told me about it." I emphasized the words by resting my face in the crook of his neck, and the boy's hand went onto my waist. At least I now have an explanation for my rapidly growing stomach. The pack doctor that had been assigned with me was beginning to become concerned, but at least I have something to say at the next meeting. The baby kicked at his father, and the action caused Oliver to chuckle.

"Someone's eager," he breathed softly before dropping onto his knees in front of my stomach. His forehead rested against my baby bump, and I couldn't help but smile. The kid was still in the womb, but I could tell that Oli would make a good father for it. He was so gentle and caring, and he could handle my horrible mood swings like a champion. "Devon, I don't know if this is going to scare you, but our first born child would become the next in line for the throne in hell just like I was. Now that my coronation day is set, the royal family is designed to continue. That's why demons usually have so many children; when one dies, the next will take over."

"Oli, of course I don't mind. I agreed to take my place in your culture when I accepted our bond, so don't assume that I'm going to break up with you because of it."

"I'm glad I have such an open-minded boyfriend."

"Well I love you, silly." I sat down onto my knees in front of him so that we were on even levels, and I leaned my body slowly against his. Just when I thought we might get a moment to ourselves, my stomach growled loudly. Well screw you too, stomach! 

"Seems you're always hungry," Oli joked while pulling me up.

"Food is good!"

"Whatever you say. Now let's eat!

***

Jack's POV

When I told my father what Dan had said to me, he was naturally disgusted. I mean, any sane person would be, but the boy himself didn't seem to have that quality. I'm convinced that there's something seriously wrong with his mental state, but I have no confirmation considering he had locked his door once more once we replaced it. Even his parents were dissatisfied by his horrible response, but I was feeling alright. Everyone was being so kind to me, so I would be alright.

"Hey Jack, I brought you some soup," Devon announced from my bedroom doorway, and I looked up from my book. My brother walked in with a little bowl, and he sat down on the end of my bed gently. I took the pottery from him and began to eat, and he looked at me with this little twinkle in his eyes. "I can't believe we're gonna raise babies together!" Devon seems to be the only one to understand that I actually like talking about things that make me uncomfortable. It messes with me when people avoid subjects intentionally, and I don't want anyone to treat me like I'm fragile.

"I'm glad you're so excited." I was quite frightened to know that another life form is growing inside of my body, but being with him made it much, much easier. His situation might be more normal than mine, but we were still planning to raise our babies together. It gave me a bit of a hope for my future.

"I know that you think this has ruined you, but please hold some hope for the future. Having a child is a great honor; you have someone to take amazing care of. I know that you can do it." Even though we aren't and never will be together, there's still something about Devon's smile that makes me fell better. I can't say what, but it might be the light in his eyes.

"I do, I think. I want to bring a little baby into the world; it's always been a goal of mine. Sure, I intended to do it with my soulmate, but this works too." I put a hand on my stomach with a tiny grin. It's true, I'm actually really excited. I know that this is going to trash my future, but it isn't the baby's fault. If anything, it's my own fault for getting stupidly drunk.

Once I was done with all of the liquid in the bowl, I layed back against my pillows. I had a bit of a headache, but that was pretty normal. Dev laid down beside me, and we ended up cuddling. Oliver was off doing his coronation thing, so we were all alone together. Of course, neither of us was into doing anything like cheating, but I was definitely here to comfort him. Devon grunted when the baby kicked him roughly, and I ran my hand softly through his hair. Just two pregnant males lounging on a bed; got a problem?

"Sorry, is this weird?" he breathed with his hands in my shirt.

"Nope. We're friendly cuddling." His head nodded against my chest, and his breathing began to slow down. It didn't take a long time before he fell asleep, and I was left on my own once more.

Daniel... I honestly did like him before this whole thing happened. Of course, I had lost all of my respect for him once he tried to convince me to kill me baby, but my mind is complicated. Even though I didn't like him... I like him? See, confusing.

There was a quiet knock on the door, and I sighed as it was pushed open. "Jack... Can we talk?" Dan looks like a complete trainwreck right now, but is it wrong to say he deserved it?

"Fine," I breathed while setting my sleeping brother down on the bed, and I followed him slowly out of the room. I'm scared that I was going to be berated again, but my fears were soothed when I saw the look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I've been thinking a lot, and I've realized that I'm just scared. I'm scared that this is going to crash and burn because I do actually like you."

"Dan, I've been thinking too, and I do also like you. I really, really don't appriciate what you said to me, and you need to understand that."

"I know, I was stupid. You don't have to forgive me yet, but... Our child needs two parents."

"I'll work towards it... For our baby."