52. So Close

6.11.20

Another crappy drawing!

Devon's POV

"Look at me."

"No."

"I'll make your life a living hell if you don't look at me."

"Uh, you're trying to kill me?"

"I'll make it 100 times more painful if you continue to defy me."

"Whatever."

Suddenly, my body was grabbed again, and I was dragged kicking and shouting somewhere else. No matter how many times I tried to bite him, my struggles did me no good. Finally I was thrown down into another room, but I didn't get time to settle when his body held me against the piping hot floor. I felt my entire front side begin to burn against the floor, and I couldn't hold in my shouts of pain.

Finally I was lifted up onto my feet by my hair, but that just meant that the souls of my feet were sizzling. The scent of burning flesh was so potent that I wanted to vomit, and I knew that tears were streaming down my face. "Are you willing to comply, mutt!?"

When I shook my head, I was dropped down onto my back, and that side of me got the chance to pop and burn. This is definitely going to leave a mark both physically and mentally. The thing is that no matter how much he hurts me, I can't let him take me. I'd let myself and Oli down, and I couldn't bare to see him be sad.

"This isn't working," the man cursed before dragging me back out of the room. I was lead to a plastic chair, and ropes tied tightly around my waist, thighs, and wrists. My face was jerked up, and I just barely closed my eyes before he could even begin the process of soul taking. My left eyelid was peeled open, but I swiftly bit the finger so hard that it fell down onto the floor. "Little bugger!"

The man grabbed onto my wrist, and I heard a snap as he squeezed my finger tightly enough to break it. My body shook at the wave of pain, but I got satisfaction that he would never heal his finger. "Sir, we have a sad brigade calling themselves Your worst nightmare. Your son is with them, so what do you want us to do?"

"I'll handle this, you watch the boy. Don't let him get loose!"

I was left with a weak looking female that kept eyeing me wearily and a boy no older than 15. "Jfmq b cspuifs pvu?" (Help a brother out?)

"J xpvme, cvu xf xpvme hfu jo uspvcmf." (I would, but we would get in trouble.)

Suddenly, I realized that my wrist ropes were slightly loose, and I began to subliminally undo the knots. It was difficult, but soon my arms were free. I also managed to get my waist one done without error, but I made sure to keep a hold on them so that it wasn't obvious. The thigh ones were much harder, and just when I was about to get free, I accidentally dropped the rope from my wrists. It fell onto the floor loudly, but I persevered and got the thighs done by the time I was looked at.

I stood up on slightly shakey legs, but I made sure I looked strong when I aimed my power at them. "Mfu nf hp, boe J xpo'u ivsu zpv!" (Let me go, and I won't hurt you!)

The girl ran towards me while to boy ran away, but she was so slow that I ran past her even in the state I was currently in. I ran down the hallways, but I was shocked when I looked out the windows. Pretty much everyone I have a relationship with excluding Blake and Gabe were trying to fight their way into the castle. I saw Jack take a nasty hit to the face, but he stood back up with help from Oli to keep attacking. Hey, at least they're getting along.

"HEY!" One of the guards ran around the corner, so I took off back the way I came. I seem to be on the third floor, so I just need to find a staircase before I get caught. Someone else came at me from the front, so I swiftly turned down a narrow side hallway. I nearly ran into one of the maids, and I made sure to shout an apology while I kept going. Then I realized why they weren't chasing me as hard... It's a dead end. I panted next to a window while they approached, and I weighed my odds. To stay is certain death, but to jump... I might survive.

I threw open the window before leaping out to continue my desperate sprint, and I luckily didn't even break anything when I landed behind the castle. I traveled as quickly as my legs would carry me around to the front, and I soon realized that my rescue was losing ground. While I was watching, I was suddenly grabbed from behind, and I just barely managed to get our Oliver's name before I was silenced as well. His head whipped to the side, but my distraction only hurt in the long run when he got hit on the side of the head.

I pulled as hard as possible, but the grip of the people holding me back was a little bit stronger. It wasn't helping that Oli's hit to the head now had him on the ground under a pile of demons... I did that. "We have to leave!" my uncle shouted, but Oliver surfaced from his body pile to tell him off for the suggestion. "We can't save him if we're dead."

"You can leave, but I'm staying."

"No, you aren't."

My uncle grabbed onto him and dragged his body backwards before they disappeared into a cloud of green smoke. My biological parents were the next to go, but Jamie and Linc had to drag their son away from a fight to get him back. His baby blue eyes suddenly flicked up to mine, but he was gone before he could fight anymore.

I was pushed onto my knees in the dirt, and we were soon approached by the king. "Thanks for catching him, I knew I could count on you." My body was dropped again, and I landed with a mouthful of dirt and grime. "Bravo on your little stunt, kid, but not good enough. You've failed, and now I know that you need tighter security... You've worked against yourself, idiot."

"Why do you want me?"

"So innocent and fragile, I know you're going to be very filling once I can get you down the hatch."

I shivered at the underlying threat, but I still pushed. "There's more, isn't there. Something is making you bitter."

"I recommend you shut your mouth!" I could see it in his eyes that I hit home, so I kept pushing.

"So I'm right? Why are you really like this?"

I received I harsh kick to the side, and I groaned from the pain. "Shut up!"

"Whatever you say, champ. I don't wanna be here, neither."

"I can see why my son likes you; certainly got a mouth to ya, don't you!"

"Yes sir."

"Well that may fly with him, but it doesn't with me. I want your soul, buddy, and I will get it."