50. Hell

Excuse the cringe, I just felt like drawing Oli and Dev.

6.10.20

We landed in Oliver's bedroom once again, and I finally let my shoulders fall. "It's okay, puppy. We did our best, and if they still hate us, we can't fix that."

"I wish they weren't so bent on keeping us apart! Why can't he just see that I love you?"

"I don't know, but that's his problem, not ours." Oli pushed a soft kiss against the tip of my nose, and I felt at ease again. There's just something about him.

"You should teach me the demonic language, I want to talk to the locals!"

"I'll try. It's very hard to learn for someone who isn't native. It would be easy for you to write it, but much more difficult to speak."

"Hit me, demon boy."

"Hppe npsojoh."

"Hp-pa napasijah."

"No, hppe npsojoh!"

"Hppe npsajoh?"

"Close. Hppe npsojoh."

"Hppe npsojoh."

"There you go."

"What was it?"

"Good morning."

"This is going to be difficult..."

***

Understatement of the century. Why are there so many weird sounds and no vowels? "Alright puppy, are you ready for this?"

"Mhmm!"

"Hppe npsojoh."

"Hppe npsojoh, nz efnpo." There's a strangely sexy element to calling him my demon in his language, and his eyes lit up at the phrasing. Once he had written the comparisons side by side on paper, it had been extremely easy to figure out what words would be. It was more difficult to figure out what sounds would go where, and I still had a strong accent. (Good morning, my demon.)

"Opx zpv'wf hpu ju, ovooz." (Now you've got it, puppy.)

"Zbz!" (Yay!)

Oliver lifted me up from my feet before spinning me around, and I squealed loudly from the motion. I was finally set down, and I put my head onto his shoulder. Suddenly, the whole castle shrieked again, and I jumped at the loud noise. "Oli, I don't like this noise!"

"It's okay, puppy, just stay–"

"I'm not staying here so stop saying that."

"Fine, but stay in the back!"

We walked together towards the entrance, but he left me in the fifth row back. As soon as he got to the front, I could hear his voice ring out, "Gbuifs." The amount of malice in Oli's voice made me shudder, and i assumed that the man in front of him wasn't liked very much. They looked mostly the same, but Oli seemed to have less metaphorical shadows on his face. (Father.)

"J ifbs b ifbsucfbu... Xifsf't uif ivnbo?" (I hear a heartbeat... Where's the human?)

"Xibu ivnbo?" (What human?)

"Epo'u nblf gvo pg nf. J dbo tnfmm ju tpo." (Don't make fun of me. I can smell it, son.)

The man began pushing through the crowd in my general direction, and I tried to squeeze through the bodies before I was grabbed by the back of the shirt. I tried to wiggle out of his grip, but nothing was working.

"Qvu uif cpz epxo." (Put the boy down.)

"Op." (No)

Suddenly, the world spun sickeningly, and I found myself in a different environment. I was immediately drenched in sweat, and I soon realized that I was in hell. I was dropped onto my face, and my whole body hurt from the contact. "You're going to be fun to eat. So innocent and still has the will to live."

"Leave him alone, father!"

"Oh hey son, it's been awhile."

"Let him go!"

"Why? Oh, do you like him? That's cute."

"Father."

"Son."

"Give him back."

"Why?"

"Listen... I'll let you take me if you let him free."

"Hmm... Nah, his soul is bound to be very good. It'll probably fight, but I like the fighters."

Oli ran at his father, and I rolled out of the way as to not get crushed. The two older men began to fight, and my heart nearly stopped when Oliver fell onto the ground. "Dev, just hold on–" He took a rough hit to the head– "I'm going to get you out, just don't let him–" Kick– "Take you!" He disappeared before he could be hit again, and I found myself in the company of the devil... Literally.

"Oh my goodness, you're so adorable!" Oli's father was standing above me threateningly, and my heart was slamming against my ribs. While his son's eyes were a warm, friendly red, his just held danger. "Don't you worry your pretty little head; I won't make it painful."

I managed to get a good grip on the dirt, and I sped off through the streets of hell. The air was so hot it was suffocating me, but I didn't care. I need to get free. "Little human can't run forever."

"Sebastian I could use some fucking help! He's right, I can't run forever!"

"Get some distance, if we were to shift now, he would catch us before we were done. I can give you instructions, just keep running!"

With Sebastian leading me who knows where, I just sprinted like a mad man. People were staring, but I luckily wasn't stopped. "Right!" I just barely made it around the sharp corner, and for a second I thought my legs would come out from under me in the loose soil.

My lungs were on fire, and I was absolutely drenched in sweat. "I can't hold on much longer."

Suddenly, my body force shifted in mid air, and I was glad that it didn't take super long as the king rounded the corner right when I was totally wolf. Sebastian ran through the streets as if he knew them, and I soon saw a large wall of white rise up in front of us. "What's that?"

"Heaven and hell are very close together since the world isn't as black and white as everyone thinks, so that's the border. If we can get across, we'll be safe."

There's a large patch of empty land between us and the border, and I fretted about making it before we were caught. I had almost reached the white when I felt someone grab onto me from behind. My body crashed onto the ground, and I was suddenly face to face with the demon king. Sebastian head-butted the man, but he had done his damage. When we stood back up, my back paw wouldn't work. We limped sadly towards the white until it was just in front of our nose, but we were once again grabbed before we could get into the paradise.

"Ofwbzb, hfu uif spqf." (Nevaya, get the rope.)

I still tried to break free, but the pain was too great when combined with his hold on my midsection. A net like structure was pulled over me, and I knew I was caught for good. The demon named Nevaya slid fasteners into the right slot to keep me encased in the net as both a human and wolf, and the other end was clipped to a large rhinoceros looking animal. I was dragged through the dirt, and I knew that my fur would be clogged with the shit by the time we got wherever we were going.

"Xifsf xpvme zpv mjlf vt up qvu ju, zpvs nbkftuz?" (Where would you like us to put it, your majesty?)

"Nz qfstpobm evohfpo. Cvhhfs tipvmeo'u ibwf svo." (My personal dungeon. Bugger shouldn't have run.)

AHHHHHHH... I swear to y'all the demonic language does mean something to me.