61. Execution

6.17.20

I slid slowly through the forest around near we lost Oli's scent, and I saw a little splotch of blood on the forest floor. Please be okay, Oliver. I need you. Right next to the blood was a trap designed for our wolves, and it made me shiver just thinking about Sebastian getting a limb stuck in the large clamping device. I crawled farther into the wooded area, and it wasn't long until my wrist ended up caught in one of their numerous traps "accidentally".

Someone immediately responded to the noise while I faked like I needed to get free, and I heard a joyous voice shout, "We got another one!"

As a tall woman approached me with graying hair and a baton looking thing, I cowered away. She looks so much scarier in person than what Papa showed me in old pictures. She pulled back her large metal stick, and I covered my head with my free hand. Instead of hitting me, though, I heard the trap spring free, and I tried to run. I was swiftly grabbed around my waist, and I tried to squirm as they dragged me away.

"Stay still or I will whack you with this, kid," the woman snapped, and I stilled from genuine fear. While she spoke, she had held the baton close to my head, and I knew that the tool could do some serious damage to my skull. Hell, it would probably kill me if it were to hit hard enough, and if there's anything about this woman that I trust, it's that she doesn't care whether I live or die.

I was pulled into a room that had a lot of Oli's scent still lingering, so I know I'm in the right place. "At least we don't have to wait for this one to wake up; the other one was fucked up," a man to my left joked as I was strapped to a scary looking table. I can't believe I volunteered for this...

"Alright kid... Just tell us what you are, and you'll get hurt much less than if you lie... Why were you so deep in the forest?"

"I was just trying to find berries!" I chirped while trying to sound like a happy go lucky teenager. "Why were there traps in the bushes?"

A dagger was pointed at my throat, and I knew that it would probably kill me if it impaled my skin. I gulped naturally, and the blade was held much closer to my skin. "Are you sure it was berries you were looking for and not trouble?" I trembled violently, and I felt this indescribable fear of what my stupid volunteerism was going to do to me. Oliver, you'd better he way grateful for this, or I'm going to skin you alive!

"I think this one is actually a wolf, but that works too. He's less dangerous than the hell hound, so we can probably just drag him downstairs. What do you think would happen if we put a wolf and a demon in the same room?"

"Please don't! I don't want to get killed!"

"Lawrence, please make sure that the other one is held up properly so that we don't get killed when we throw this one in with him."

The man named Lawrence walked down the hallway to my left, and I heard a heavy sounding metallic door click open. "All clear, ma'am!"

I was dragged down the hallway, and I faked a struggle. Honestly, if I was trying, I would probably have gotten out of their loose grip by now. When we reached a frightening metal door, I made a ditch attempt to escape, but I was thrown into the room roughly. My body rolled painfully across the concrete, and I landed in the opposite corner as Oliver. He looked at me with wide eyes, but I just winked at him and hoped he got the message. "Have fun~"

The door closed, and I could see a camera recording everything we did. At least that gave me an explaination for when Oli began to stalk towards me scarily. I assumed that there was no microphone when he began to have a normal conversation with me while still appearing threatening. "What are you doing here?"

I backed up with wide eyes that got fearful when I hit the wall. "I had to help you. It's helpful that my family has a thing against this coven." I scampered to the side and ran, but I just ended up cornering myself.

"I don't understand why that requires you being here?"

I shrank into my skin as he came closer, and I twitched nervously. "We didn't know where the house was. They had to find it to storm it, and I was the only one they night not know who wasn't Jack."

Just as he got really close to me, the door opened, and someone sprayed something onto his face. His scream made my heart twist, and it got even worse when he sulked back to his corner. I was grabbed painfully by a man, and I sent Oli a discrete smile before being dragged out of the room to a different one. I recognized it as the one that Oli was in while I was watching him, and my body froze up at what was bound to happen to me.

Ropes were bound tightly around my skin, and I hardly stood a chance as someone was close to my face threatening me. "I'm sure that your blood tastes so good, but that's not why we're here. We're here to make sure you feel so much pain you don't remember your own name~

***

He's right, I was hurting all over my body, but I did remember why I was here. I need to stay focused on executing the plan. Thank God they didn't find the tracker on my inner thigh that also had a microphone attached to it. Hopefully my parents wouldn't let this go too far.

I was chucked back into that room with Oli, but I didn't have the strength to pick myself up this time. I had to be kicked clear of the door before it slammed shut, and I could see Oli trying to hold back his urges to help me. It took 20 minutes or so for me to drag myself over to the corner opposite Oliver, and I curled in to nurse my wounds. Of course, they gave me a small injection of wolfsbane so that I couldn't talk to Sebastian, and my healing was stalled.

Little vents opened at the top of the room, and I saw clear smoke float out of the system. I didn't think much of it until the stuff touched my open wounds and began to burn, and I had motivation to drag myself into the center of the room. The pain was barely barrable, but I knew that there was a purpose.

I heard a quiet whimper, and I looked over to see Oliver trying to brave the smoke. His entire body quivered slightly, and the motion tugged at my heart strings.

"Oli," I breathed.

"Dev."

"I love you."

"I love you too. Thanks for trying to help me at the sacrifice of yourself; I'll yell at you for it later."

I curled in on myself once more and hoped that my parents were organizing to get us out of this mess.

i just realized that it's also the 3 month anniversary of this story existing, so... Cheers to that as