81. Fine

7.03.20

Jack's POV (Two weeks later)

No one was saying it, but they were all worried about me. I was so frightened that I could hardly eat, and my sleep was suffering majorly. My father had taken the main initiative to "fix" my mental state, but I was shutting out everyone including him.

"Jack would you please just have one more bite?" my father begged while holding the soup spoon closer to my sealed mouth. I shook my head like a little child while crossing my arms, and my old man sighed. "Any help?"

His blue eyes traveled around to the other family members in the living room, but they all stared back blankly. Devon and Oliver were in their own little world, Allystar was teaching my mom how to use one of his weapons, and Dan's parents were trying not to draw attention to the fact they were making out behind the couch. Speaking of Dan, he had barricaded himself in his bedroom a week and a half ago and is refusing to come out. His Papa had tried to scale the side of the house, but he made some kind of joke about not being as young as he used to be as if he had done the action before. Basically my dad is the only one that cares about me.

I climbed off of the countertop and slinked towards the stairs, but I was stopped when I felt this horrible feeling in my stomach. Did my father poison the stupid soup? The pain spread out across my midsection, and I had to kneel on the floor. I rested my head on the side of the sofa, but no one else in the room really cared enough to notice me. My body quivered when it began to dry heave, and I was about to cry from the pain.

"Jack are you okay?" No, Devon, does it look like I'm fucking okay!? A hand rested on my right shoulder, and I looked up into the boy's ice blue eyes. He was concerned, but just the sight of his eyes was calming me down a bit. Suddenly, a rather large heave came, and I totally threw up on him. I will remember this for years to come, let me tell you. His expression is priceless, but my vomit definitely got the attention of others in the room. "Was that really necessary?" Dev joked while looking at me, but I clearly wasn't done yet as it happened once more. "Okay now this is on purpose."

My father walked over to us and gently lifted me up into his arms before carrying me into the bathroom, and he pulled out a little wash cloth. Once it was wetted, he pulled the little square across my face, and I sighed at the cold feeling against my forehead. "Alex told me to make you take this if this ever happened," my father whispered before handing me a pregnancy test, and my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

"You're trying to tell me that I–"

"We don't know for sure, but it's better to know before it becomes a serious problem." I sighed loudly in disagreement before taking the item out of his hand. The older man left, and I was alone to see my future.

It took me mere minutes to figure the stupid thing out, but then I had to wait... And wait... And- okay it's finally done. I turned the thing around nervously, and I– oh my God my life is ruined. I had drunk sex with someone other than my soulmate and got pregnant from it. This is so much fun! Not.

I couldn't help but break down in that moment. I was supposed to have someone for the rest of my life next year, but they're probably going to reject me for this. Then, that sadness fueled into anger. This bitch got me pregnant then had the audacity to lock himself in his room? Oh nah nah nah, this is backwards.

I slammed the white stick on the counter and stormed out of the bathroom with a fire ablaze in my eyes. No one fucks with my life and runs away from it. "Ja-" my father was following me trying to get my attention, buy I cut him off.

"Nope! You can't stop me!" I stormed up to the third story of the house and slammed the heel of my hand onto Daniel's door. My father had gone back to the bathroom I had left a long time ago, so I was alone and fully allowed to pop off. When there was no response on the opposite end of the door, I hit against it one more time.

Finally, I couldn't handle the wait anymore, and I slammed my foot so hard into that door that it fell flat off of its hinges. Dan had been sitting by his window staring out, but he turned around to gaze listlessly at me. The boy doesn't seem to be completely okay, but he doesn't get the right. We both made a mistake, and now we need to own up to it! There's no excuses on either mine or his end, and I wasn't prepared to let him go that easily. I don't care if I end up keeping him from his soulmate too by making him care for our child, he's going to do it. He stood up while I stormed towards him, and I stopped just before I would have hit into his chest. One of the worst parts about being short is that I can't intimidate people as easily, but I do bite ankles.

"Daniel, I'm carrying your child." I just had to say it without thinking first. I couldn't risk getting worked up and never getting my message across. Panic came across his brilliant green eyes, and I saw a piece of his outer armor crack off and break.

"Abort it."

"What? Why would you even suggest that!?" I was originally just going to have a normal conversation with him talking like adults, but those two words set off so many red lights in my mind. How dare he even suggest that!

"I said abort it. I don't want it, and I'm sure you don't either. Having it would ruin both of our lives, so just get rid of it."

"Listen here asshole, I don't care how much pain having a child would cause me. I respect women's choice to abort if they desire, but I am not going to intentionally kill my baby. If this offends you, then you can go suck a dick." While I spoke, my finger poked into his chest, and my eyes were glaring harder than ever.

"The sooner you admit to yourself that it's better for the both of us, the sooner we can forget this ever happened and move on with our miserable lives."

"I couldn't forgive myself if I took a life before I ever gave it. You can't make me make that decision."

"Well then I won't support you!"

"You think I'm scared of you? My parents will help me, my brother will help me, hell, even your parents will probably assist me. I am keeping this child whether you like it or not."

"Well I don't, so get out of my room."

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

Slam.