46. Cuddles and Questions

6.07.20

I had curled myself into a ball on Oliver's chest, but he didn't seem to mind based on his wide grin. My fingers tugged gently at the hair tie holding his locks in a braid, and it came undone rather easily. I combed through it with slow strokes, and it had become a mindless action when I began to think to myself.

Why did I choose Oliver? I've only known him for under 24 hours, but he's been so kind and thoughtful. Jack spent the first four and a half years of our interactions making me feel like gum on the bottom of his shoe. Not to mention that he had killed that woman. Accidental or not, it was still murder of an innocent person, and that goes so much against my core beliefs that it makes me ill to think about. Not even going to lie, who hasn't dreamt about having a hot demon boyfriend?

Oliver's hand lingered on my back underneath my shirt, but the light pressure was needed. A lot of times, I just need that physical touch, and I don't know why exactly. My reactions to him were escalated to the max, and I ended up leaning into his fingers like a cat. He giggled quietly at the behavior, and I tugged on his hair as retribution. Instead of being in pain like I had predicted, a loud groan fell out of his lips, and I somehow managed to turn even more red. "Sor-sorry!" I squeaked.

"It's fine, kitten."

"I'm not a kitten!"

"Okay, fine then... Puppy."

"He did not just... Ugh!"

"Sebastian I haven't heard from you in awhile."

"Sorry, I've been slightly... Busy."

"Doing what!?"

"Well I'm not supposed to tell you, but I know who our mate is sense I'm a bit older than you. I've been hanging around with them."

"Are you alright, Dev?"

"I'm fine, just talking to my wolf."

"Oh. Can I meet him?"

Based on the excited circles Sebastian was doing in my mind, the answer was yes. I stood up from the bed and turned around before stripping to my boxers. Shifting still causes me a lot of pain, but I didn't let it show as my bones broke and reconstructed themselves. Finally, the pain was over, and I let Sebastian have control. "Please don't do anything stupid."

"No promises, he's cute."

"Sebastian!"

Oliver crouched down in front of me, and he got a large tongue to the face. With a large smile, his hand gently touched my fur, and I began doing circles since just that one sensation was enough to send my stomach into fireworks. "I underestimated how cute this would be by a long shot."

Sebastian suddenly knocked his paws against Oliver's chest, and the demon fell onto the floor under a mass of my varying brown fur. I attacked his face in a shower of licks, and I could hear his joyous laughter. "St-stop! You're hea-heavy!"

My nose nudged into his neck, and I let out a strange grumble noise when he scratched behind my ear. My head automatically moved towards him, and I noticed how wonderful it felt to be petted by my demon prince. "I'm sorry, I know this is going to hurt your wolf's fragile masculinity, but you're super cute."

I growled playfully, but he seemed to sense my energy. He shot up from the ground, and I was thrown across the room. Sensing a game, I ran back towards him before nipping at his ankles. Oliver slapped lightly at my ears, and I growled lowly before pouncing at the demon. We went down in a tumble of skin and fur, and I landed with my paws on either side of his head. I was so shocked at the position that I shifted back, and now I was in the exact same place only human and mostly naked.

Oliver easily rolled so that I was being pinned against the cold floor, and I could see the lust shining in his red eyes. My body was on fire, and I knew he could hear my heart thundering from the smirk on his lips. "It's been a while since I've felt a heartbeat as satisfying as yours, did you know that?"

"N-no-no."

"It makes me want your soul inside of me, but I have better self control than that." I shivered at the thought of Oliver eating my soul, but I knew he wouldn't. He's too kind to end my life prematurely. "I keep thinking that maybe it would be better for you if I never met you. I'm keeping you from the sun and the people who love you."

"You're a person who loves me, but I do kind of miss the sky and fresh air. I just don't want you to get hurt coming to the earth with me. I wish you could meet my family, but it's pretty impossible considering they're still trying to eliminate you."

"We're so different, Devon." He had stood up, and I found myself being lifted into the air by his arms. "What if I lose control? What if you die down here from vitamin D deficiency? I like you too much to see you be hurt from me."

"You won't, Oli. I know you're a good person!"

"I may be, but I still have to deal with my nature. I was designed to be a killer; my dad made sure to mate with the best female for that."

"You can right your father's wrongs!"

"No, I can't. I can pretend that I can, but I just can't. I'm bad for you, and I don't deserve you."

I wiggled out of his arms until I was standing in front of the demon. I noticed that he was slightly taller than me, and I assumed that demons must have larger frames since I'm tall for a human. I grabbed onto his neck and pulled him down until our lips could touch, and he relaxed into my grip.

When I pulled away, I gave him a serious look. "You're perfect for me, Oli. I won't listen to you telling yourself otherwise. Also, it's kind of a saying that opposites attract."

"Thank you. I'm so sorry you had to see that si–"

Instead of allowing him to continue apologizing, I planted another kiss on his lips, and I whispered, "Just stop talking and let me do your hair."

There was still a lingering sadness in his gaze, but he sat down on the floor. I don't know where I achieved the skill of hair styling, but I did. While I twisted the black locks back and forth, I made Oli play 20 questions with me.

"What's your favorite color?" I breathed.

"I actually like blue. A lot of people don't expect that, but I've always admired the ocean."

"That's very interesting. I like the color red because not only is it passion, but it's also a symbol for anger and hate. It's like two sides of the same coin, and it tells me that no one is just straight good or straight bad. We're all somewhere in the middle."

"That's deep."

"Mhm... Now how old are you in human years?"

"1800."

"Wow. That's a lot."

"Yeah, it isn't as glamorous as it seems. I've seen a lot, and many of those I meet will be dead sooner than I want them to be."

"My lifetime is so short compared to yours."

"Yeah, but there is a way."

"What is it?"

"Well, if in theory we were mates, you would get my aging if we were to... You know..." My ears turned scarlet, and I put a hand over his mouth while shouting about no more. "Are you done yet?"

"I am."

"You should take me to see some of the earth."

"Sounds fun, but we'll have to be careful. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Deal."