•1•

I yank my over filled suitcase against the wind, pushing the hair out of my face every five seconds. The London cold is almost unbearable, especially being from Los Angeles, where it's nice and sunny.
My first day here in London, and my supposed roommates say they found another option and never informed me. So ten hours of flying later and I'm stuck without somewhere to stay. This is perfect.
I turn a corner, seeing a nice little coffee shop that looks warm and cozy. Might as well stop for a coffee to heat myself up.
I step into the shop, slightly embarrassed that I have a rolling suitcase with me but luckily it's not too busy, only two or three other people are scattered at the tables.
I walk up to the counter, watching as the boy who's working is making a cappuccino.
"Here you go Mrs. Fields." He smiles at the woman, hanging her the mug.
"Thank you Harrison." She nods, walking over to a table.
The boy looks up at me, he has blue eyes, curly blonde hair, and a nice smile.
"Hello, What can I get you?" He asks, walking over to the register.
"What do you recommend?" I ask.
"Ah, an american." He nods, taking notice of my accent. "Ever had a proper cup of tea before?"
I shake my head no, I'm not the biggest tea fan, but that could just be because all I know how to do is boil water and pour it over a tea bag.
"Probably not." I say.
"Tell you what, let me make you a proper cup of tea and it's on the house." He offers.
"Well I can't pass that up now can I?" I laugh.
"Take a seat, I'll have it right up for you."
As the blue eyed boy turns to start making my tea, I walk over to a table, sitting down and shoving my suitcase underneath it.
He pours several things into the cup, mixing it up and grabbing it by the handle, walking the steaming mixture over to my table.
"Alright Mrs. American, Give that a try." He says, handing me the cup.
"Don't be offended if I don't like it, I have very unimpressive tastebuds" I laugh.
I take a sip, actually pleasantly surprised by the flavor. It's not plain and bitter like other teas I've tried. It's sweet, and creamy.
"So?" He asks, waiting for my reaction.
"It's actually really good." I nod, setting the cup down.
"They don't call me the tea master for nothing." He says and a girl behind the counter scoffs.
"Please Harrison, no one calls you that." The brown haired girl shakes her head.
"Get out of here Charlotte." Haz groans, turning back to me.
"Enjoy, let me know if I can get you anything else." He smiles, walking behind the counter and shooing the girl who's obviously his sister away. This must be a family owned shop.
I sit back and sip my tea while texting my mom and dad that I made it here safely, making sure to leave out the fact that my roommates bailed on me. No need to stress them out.
My parents weren't big on me moving here in the first place. I'm a dancer, working towards my dream of doing it professionally one day. I got accepted into two programs. One in Los Angeles, one here in London. All my favorite dancers are from London, not to mention the culture here, I couldn't resist. It was a hard decision, leaving everything I know, but I think it will be the right one, once I get everything sorted out.
I finish my drink, taking my cup up to the counter and setting it in the bin for dirty dishes.
"You didn't have to do that, we clear off the tables." Haz says, walking over when he notices me.
"My mother raised me with one lesson, always do what to can to make others lives easier." I say and he smiles.
"Sounds like you have a smart mother." He says.
"I do." I nod, turning to leave.
"I didn't catch your name?" He questions, causing me to turn back to him.
"I'm Addison, but everyone calls me Addie." I say.
"Harrison, but everyone calls me Haz." He nods, putting out his hand to shake mine.
I take his hand, giving it a firm shake.
"Do you know where I can find an affordable motel around here?" I ask.
"Yeah, walk down this street, and take a right." He instructs.
"Thank you." I smile.
"Course." He nods.
"I'll see you around Haz."
"See you around Addie."
I wave goodbye, stepping out of the coffee shop and head down the street. The wind has lightened up a bit which I'm thankful for, and the tea helped warm my body.
As I turn the corner, I see the motel. It's only two blocks from my school which is great since it seems I'll be staying here a while.
I walk inside, looking around. It's not the super nice hotels I'm use to staying at, but I can't spend too much with my credit card, or my dad will notice something is up and find out I'm not staying in a house.
We made a deal. I could move here, go to my dream school, and be responsible, learn how to live and do things on my own.
I come from lots of money, and my parents are quite attentive, so I've never really been independent. This is all new for me, and I'm excited to see how it turns out.
"Room for one please." I smile at the front desk woman.
She takes my credit card info, and hands me a key card.
"Have a nice stay!" She smiles widely.
I go up the elevator that has a less than pleasant smell, and walk through the hallway that feels unsafe.
I need to find a place to stay. Quickly.

A/N: first chapter! It'll get more eventful soon. I really adore this book already and I'm excited for you guys to read it.