•26•

We went out to dinner, and Faith got to know them through asking loads of inappropriate questions and cornering them into talking to her. I can tell she made them a bit uncomfortable. Haz politely answered her with short answers, staying pretty quiet, while Tom shot back with even more inappropriate questions that made me laugh.
Seeing how they get on with my sister has been a big tell of how they would get on with my mom and dad. My sister is a handful, my whole entire family is a handful. I'm not like them though..
"I like your house, don't get me wrong, but I'm going to go sleep in a hotel." She says.
"Yeah yeah, whatever bitch." I laugh, hugging her. "I'll see you in the morning. Gotta give me a full day tomorrow before you leave."
"Of course" she says. "Have fun with the boys."
"Haha very funny." I say, hugging her.
"Night."
She gets in the car with Wesley, and he escorts her to the hotel. I step inside, and instantly two pairs of eyes are on me.
"Your sister is a nut case." Haz says.
"Yeah I know." I laugh.
"You just gotta argue back mate. Like when she said I needed a hair cut, then I said she could do without the fake lashes." Tom says.
"I'm not an ass like you!" Haz laughs.
"I'm going to go make some tea." I say, walking into the kitchen.
I put the kettle on, and grab my favorite cup, putting the tea bag in it. Haz taught me how to make tea so now I never have to go without it again. I'm officially a master of making British drinks.
"You haven't talked to me since I got stolen on the dance floor." Haz says as he walks in, standing next to me.
"You were at work this morning, then my sister came." I say.
"We were having a conversation and didn't really come to a finish.." he trails off.
"Actually we did. I told you I need time." I say.
"How much time?" He asks.
I turn to face him, and he gives me an encouraging smile.
"Come on." I say, walking out to the living room.
This could be a bad idea, a really really bad idea, but it's all I've got. If they're going to be pushy then so am I.
"Sit down." I say.
Haz takes a seat next to Tom and I stand in front of them.
"You guys need to stop." I say. "Haz, I kissed Tom. Tom, I kissed Haz. Living with both of you is confusing and stressful. You're both constantly breathing down my neck and I can't handle it!"
They both just sit there, eyes wide. I've never broke like this. They have never seen me get agitated and raise my voice.
"Wait a second, you kissed Tom again?" Haz asks.
"Oh you didn't know? Guess she doesn't talk to you like she does me." Tom smirks cockily.
"See! This is what I don't want to happen!" I groan. "I can't do this. You two are best friends so I've made a decision. I'm not dating either of you. We're roommates. No more kissing, no more flirting, no more being all sweet and romantic. None of it."
"So you want us to pretend not to like you?" Haz asks.
"Yep." I nod.
"I'm not okay with this decision." Tom says.
"Dude it's her life. Let her do what she wants." Haz scolds.
"You do realize the only reason you're saying that is because you know she'll choose me." Tom says.
"Stop it." I say. "You guys are best friends, come on! Don't let a girl ruin that!"
Yes, this decision is going to hurt me, but I'd take the hurt a million times over before I ruin the amazing loving brotherly friendship these two have. They are closer than any friends I've ever had. What they have is special and rare and I never want to see it end.
"If you two can't just be okay with this.. then I'm going to have to move out." I say.
They both look over to me, looks of confusion, and upset on their face. I also know that they care about me, and they don't want me to leave. So if they want me here, they're going to have to get over this and make it work.
"Alright.." Tom says.
"Alright?" I question.
"Okay, just friends." Haz nods.
"Friends." Tom grumbles.
"Now can I suggest you two make a tinder?" I ask and Tom throws a pillow at me, making me laugh.
"Nah I'll just pick up another girl at the coffee shop." Haz says and my mouth drops.
"You sick boy." I shake my head at him.
I love that things are already starting to feel like they're going back to normal. I'd be lying though if I said I wasn't thinking about how my heart swelled when Haz was with me up on that roof, or how I felt sparks when Tom kissed me in the bathroom. Those thoughts will probably consume my brain for the next few days or so.. but it'll pass.
"And I ask again, what are we doing for your birthday?" Tom asks.
"When's your birthday?!" Haz asks.
"Next week, it's not a big deal." I say.
"Cmon we have to do something." He says.
"We throw awesome parties." Tom says.
"Absolutely not." I say. "We can go get drinks or something."
"Aw cmon! Don't be lame!" Tom groans.
"Too bad! I am lame and there will be no party." I say.
Perfect. Back to normal.