•27•

Day one of being just friends with Haz and Tom. This can't be too bad, but the worst of it will be telling Faith what I did. I practically did the exact opposite of what she told me to do and she's going to freak out.
I get out of my bed, looking outside my window to see Harrisons car is gone. He's at work. I text Adam to make an excuse for me to the teachers so I can spend the day with Faith before she leaves tonight.
"Ugh Thomas." I groan, picking up his dirty laundry as I walk down the hallway. Why is this boy such a slob? Why is he throwing his stuff everywhere.
"Here's your shit." I say, opening his bedroom door and throwing his stuff in there.
"Holy fuck!" He yells, throwing his blanket over him fast, but not fast enough. My eyes widen and my hand flies over my mouth.
"Oh my god!" I laugh and his eyes are wide at me.
"I'm kind of in the middle of something here!" He says, his voice getting high and pitchy.
"Spank me!" I hear a girl voice on his phone with background music and instantly realize what's happening.
"I'm gunna just.." I trail off, pointing towards the door.
"Yes! Go!" He yells at me and I quickly turn around, leaving his room and shutting the door.
"Oh my god oh my god oh my god." I mutter to myself over and over as I walk into the kitchen, making my coffee. I can't believe I just walked in on that. Does he not know how to fucking lock a door?!
Soon, Tom makes his way out of the bedroom, now fully clothed and an uncomfortable look on his face.
"You saw nothing." He says, pointing at me.
"I saw something, and I'm not gunna lie, impressive." I say and he raises a brow at me.
"How do you know-" he starts, quickly coming to a realization. "You watch porn?!"
"Doesn't everyone?" I ask.
"But you're Addison! You're sweet and innocent!" He exclaims.
"It's just porn." I shrug.
"Wanna watch it together?" He asks with a smirk and I laugh.
"No, Thomas." I say.
This friendship thing is going well I guess..
My phone dings and I grab it.
Faith: heading over soon, talked to the boys yet?
Why am I so nervous to tell her..
Addie: talk when you get here :)
I walk out to the living room, sitting down next to Tom and turning on the TV.
"So this friend thing, does it mean never?" He asks.
Tom is too chatty. Far too chatty.
"It means we're friends." I say.
"Friends that could be more one day?" He asks.
"I'm not answering that question." I say.
"You're giving me hope, don't do that." He says.
"Fine, it will never ever happen in a million years." I say and he frowns.
"Yeah it will. You find me charming." He says.
"Mhmm." I hum.
Soon, there's a knock on the door and I know it's Faith. I get up and answer it, letting her inside.
"Tell your little sister to let me throw her a party." Tom says as Faith walks in.
"Let him throw you a party." Faith says.
I swear, faith and Tom would be best friends. They would gang up on me and tease me constantly.
"I'm not having a party." I say.
My birthday has always been made a big deal. My sweet sixteen had three hundred people, and I knew less than a hundred of them. My parents think that just because we have money that they have to make everything a big ordeal. I'm sick of big parties. I just want to hang out with the people I care about.
"I'll leave you ladies to it." Tom says, standing up and headed to his room.
"So did you do it?!" She asks me excitedly.
"I didn't.." I say. "I actually told them we're just going to be friends."
"You what?!" She yells at me and I shush her.
"I couldn't do that. They have a great friendship and I'm not going to interfere." I say.
______

"It's freezing." Faith complains.
"You get use to it." I say, giving her my jacket.
We sit around a fire pit in the backyard, roasting marshmallows. I think Faith is starting to see why I love it here. In LA people don't just sit around fires with their friends. They go out, party, get drunk, and get laid. It's constant moving and talking, whereas here everything slows down. There's time to relax and have fun.
"Here ya go darling." Haz says, wrapping a blanket around me and sitting down.
"So this is what you guys do?" She asks. "Hang out, drink beer, and sit around fires?"
"Yeah pretty much." I nod.
"It's kind of... nice." She says.
Yep. She gets it.
"I didn't fit in with Los Angeles. I love it here." I say.
"Dad asked for a full report, I'll make sure to tell him you're happy." She smiles.
"How's everything with Danny going?" I ask, realizing I haven't asked much about her.
"He's great.." she smiles widely. "We've gotten a lot closer.. the other night he took me on a drive and showed me a house. He said it's our house for when we get married. I don't think I've ever been with a guy that I felt this much love for."
The way she talks about him, the way her face lights up, you can tell they're in love. I want a love like they have, the kind of love that everyone can feel. It radiates off of you because you're so happy.
After a while of her gushing about her relationship, and filling me in better on everything happening back home, it gets to be late and she needs to leave and fly home.
"I'll walk you out." I say.
We stand up and head into the house. She grabs my shoulders, stopping me in my place and looking me in my eyes.
"Addie, they both look at you like you're their whole world." She says.
"It'll pass." I shake my head.
"You deserve to be with someone. Remember that, because the time will come that you figure out who you love, and you deserve to be with who you love."
She gives me a small smile, pulling me into a tight hug.
"My little sister is growing up." She sighs.
"I love you. I'll see you again soon?" I ask.
"Sooner than you know." She smiles, leaving the house.