•20•

Haz shows me his 'super secret special place' which the name alone is enough to make me love it, that is until he pulled me onto the roof of his house.
"Are you okay?" He asks.
"I'm fine.. just um." I start. "A little scared of heights."
"I've got you." He says, holding my hand tightly as we walk across the roof, sitting down at the top.
"You're much more adventurous than me." I say.
"You let guys throw you in the air and trust them to not drop you. That's adventurous." He says.
It's starting to get cooler, and I shiver. This weather is not made for a California girl.
"Here." Haz says, handing me his jacket.
"You're not cold?" I ask.
"London born and raised." He says.
I slip on the jacket, letting it warm me up. I then grab his arm, and scoot under, making him rest it over my shoulders.
"You're quite the handsy girl aren't you?" He asks.
"It's an arm on my shoulder." I say. "It's a friendly gesture."
"Just a friendly gesture?" He asks jokingly.
"Oh well you could take me on a date, maybe then I'll fall in love with you and then you can tell me you don't want to be with me." I say.
"You're in love with him?" He asks, wide eyed. 
"Well.. no. It was just.. I was just saying-" I shake my head.
"I get it." He nods.
"Believe me.. I know how pathetic I sound." I say.
"You don't sound pathetic at all." He says quickly. "You deserve to love a guy that will love you back twice as much. A guy that looks at you.. and sees his whole world. You deserve the love you give out.. which is a lot."
My eyes flick up at him, seeing his bright blue ones staring down at me. Haz is the sweetest guy I've ever met. Everything he just said..
my thoughts are interrupted as he leans his head down, pressing his lips to mine slowly. The taste of spearmint on his lips sends a cool shiver down my spine. His hands roam up my sides, to grab behind my neck, his fingertips sensitizing my skin. His lips pull away, and my eyes flutter open, meeting his.
"And I deserve to be kissed longer than five seconds." I mutter, pressing my lips to his again.
He relaxes more this time, tangling his hands in my hair.
A car horn sounds, breaking us apart quickly.
"Get it Osterfield!" A guy yells, getting out of his car.
"Fuck off Williams!" Haz yells back.
"Have fun you two, but maybe fuck inside!" The guy calls, walking into the house across the street.
Haz turns to me and I cover the blush on my face.
"A perfect moment ruined by a dick." He sighs.
"It's still perfect." I say quietly.
Haz is careful, helping me down from the roof. I can't tell if the adrenaline pumping through my body is from him kissing me, or my intense fear of heights.
Probably both.
"You did it." He smiles.
"And I'm never doing it again." I laugh.
"The roof part or the kissing part?" He asks.
I rock on my heels awkwardly, looking up to him.
"Haz don't get me wrong.. you're great." I say.
"But you still like Tom.." he finishes my sentence.
"Sadly.." I sigh.
"I'll wait." He says.
"What?" I ask.
He smiles, wrapping his arms around my lower waist.
"I will wait, until you get over that dumb ass and realize you should be with a guy that sees you, and understands you." He says.
Refrain from kissing him Addie. You can't kiss the best friend of the guy you're into. You can wait.
"You like me?" I ask.
"I've liked you since the day you came into the coffee shop." He says. "I may not be a big flirt but I dropped hints."
Haz has been right in front of me this whole time, and I just looked past him.. just like how Tom's looking past me.
We go back inside, and sit in his old room watching movies until his mum gets back. She walks into the room and I smile at her.
"Is he asleep?" She asks.
I look, seeing the boy resting his head on my shoulder, eyes shut.
"I guess he is." I say.
"Haz." I say, shaking him slightly.
He groans, shoving his face into my neck.
"I'm sleepy." He mumbles.
"Then let's get you home." I giggle.
He sits up, rubbing his eyes as we stand up.
"Bye mum." He says, hugging his mum and walking past her.
"Bye Phil." I say.
"Bye honey." She hugs me. "You two have a nice night."
"You too" I say, catching up with Haz and we leave the house.
I drive us home, and see Toms car isn't here. He must be at some girls place.
"Goodnight." Haz says, walking to his room.
"Night." I say, going to mine.
I change into a T-shirt and boy shorts, then tie up my hair. I sit at the edge of my bed, thinking about the kiss.
It felt nothing like the kiss I had with Tom. The kiss with Tom felt good, but the kiss with Haz.. it felt like more than kissing. It felt like connecting, feeling, it felt like so much more than our lips pressing together.
I stand up from my bed, and walk down the hallway to Haz's room. I open the door, and step inside.
"What are you doing?" Haz asks.
"I don't know." I say.
"C'mon." He says, holding the blankets up to the empty side of the bed.
I climb into his bed, pulling the blankets over me. He smiles slightly, and pushes my hair out of my face.
"C'mere" he says, pulling me into his arms. His bare chest is warm, and his arms wrap lazily around me, bringing me comfort. This feels right. This feels natural.
"Goodnight princess." He says, kissing my head.
"Goodnight."

A/N: this chapter makes me feel: 🥺🥺🥺