•16•

•Toms pov•

Haz sits on his phone, he hasn't spoken to me since the other night, and I haven't spoken to him.
How was I suppose to know?
He said he didn't like her, he said it wasn't like that.
Not that he's actually admitted to liking her, but what else could this be about? Addie is the perfect match to his type. Sweet, innocent, funny, cute.
Little did I know that's kind of my type too..
my phone dings and I look at the text.
Adam: I didn't know she went to lunch with Kian, she never said anything about it.
I groan at the text. Why is she hanging out with him? He's a stuck up self absorbed bitch.
Okay.. maybe that's taking it too far..
but still. Kian? Kian?!
I shouldn't be getting mad.. if a hot girl asked me to hook up right now I probably would. I don't have the right to get jealous, because I'm the whore in this.. thing we have going. I don't even know what to call it.
"What's eating you alive?" Haz asks.
"Oh so now you're talking to me?" I ask.
"Look, I'm not letting a girl ruin-" he shakes his head. "It's just- let's forget about the other night."
"Yeah.. alright." I nod, happy that we're not having this stupid fight anymore. "Good."
"Good." He nods.
"I think I'm going to end this thing with Addie." I say.
"Why?" He asks.
"Well honestly? She deserves a lot better than me.." I say. "I don't want to ruin her."

•Addie's pov•
"Oh no! He totally broke something!" I gasp.
We're watching ballet fails, people falling during performances, breaking their ankles, their arms, it's fucking crazy.
Having a ballet friend that isn't a bitch is honestly the best. Adam is the coolest friend I've had in a long time. I look over, and see he's practically asleep. It's past midnight, how have we stayed up this late just watching fail videos?!
My phone dings and I check the text.
Tom: you're probably not awake, but if you are could you call me?
Why does he want me to call him in the middle of the night? Why is he even awake?
I walk outside the front door, quietly closing it so Adam doesn't wake up. I dial Toms number, and sit on the porch swing.
"Hey" he answers.
"Hi" I say.
"So, you had lunch with Kian Westfield." He states.
"Yeah?" I say.
He audibly sighs through the phone.
"Do you uhm, do you not want something with me?" He asks.
Wait.. what is he getting at?
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"Can I come see you?" He asks.
"I'm at Adams." I say.
"I'll come outside, I'll be quick, can I please come see you?" He asks again.
"Yeah sure." I say.
He hangs up and I set my phone aside, trying to ignore the cold. I should have grabbed a blanket.
Soon his black car pulls into the driveway, and he steps out, walking up the porch stairs to sit next to me.
"So you and Kian." He says, looking straight ahead.
"So you and Adrienne." I say.
"Adrienne?" He questions.
"Yeah the girl you comment heart eyes on all her photos." I say and a smile grows on his face.
"You're jealous?" He asks.
"Yeah well you are too." I groan.
He looks at me and I look away, but he puts two fingers underneath my chin, pulling my face to look at him again.
"I don't like Adrienne." He says.
"Well that's not what your comments say." I mutter.
He nods, letting his hand fall back to his lap.
"I'm a gross guy, Addie." He says.
"What?"
"I'm a gross guy. I flirt with a lot of girls, I've slept with more girls than I can count on two hands, I never call the next day even though I promise to. I fucking suck at commitment, it terrifies me, and not in a cute 'oh he's just scared of being left alone' way. It terrifies me because I don't want to get bored and be stuck in a relationship." He says.
"Why are you saying all of this?" I ask.
"Because, you need to realize I'm not the guy for you.." he sighs. "I'm a dick, I'm not relationship material. And you are too good for me."
Is he serious right now..
"So you don't want to be with me.." I say.
"I want to be with you.. fuck I want to be with you. I just know better than to ruin a good girl." He says.
I let out a sigh, I knew this is what would happen with Tom.. Haz told me. He warned me and I didn't listen. Note to self, always listen to Haz.
"So.. friends?" I ask.
"Friends." He smiles.
I nod, sitting back in the porch swing, making it sway slightly. He sits back too and we look out at the stars. It's weirdly comforting, being here with him even though that just happened.
"Do friends still kiss?" He asks and I laugh.
"No, Tom. Friends don't kiss." I say.
"Man." He sighs. "That sucks, you were good."
"Was I?!" I ask excitedly, making him laugh.
"Yeah I was impressed!" He says.
"Sick, maybe I'll have to try it out on Kian." I say.
"Too soon, Addie." He says.
"Please don't fuck on my porch swing" Adam says, walking outside wrapped in a blanket. We both laugh, and I stand up.
"I gotta get back to my slumber party." I say to Tom.
"Have fun darling" he smiles, standing up and kissing my cheek.
He's going to make a good friend, even if I do still wish it would turn into more.