•3•

•Harrison's pov•
I wipe off the counters in the coffee shop, trying to pass time with this slow morning. Tom decided to join me today, said he'd come to 'keep me company' but I'm pretty sure he just wants to see Addie.
"Mate, she's cute as fuck. Ask her out." He says, sitting on my freshly wiped counter and I roll my eyes.
"I just met her." I say.
"So?" He scoffs.
"So I don't like girls I just met." I state, pushing him off the counter and re wiping it.
"Alright, so does that mean I call dibs?" He questions.
God, sometimes I hate Tom.
"She's not an object you possess. You can't call dibs on a human." I say.
I hear the bell on the door, looking up to see Addie walk in with a smile. She's dressed in her ballet clothes, her hair tightly tied back into a bun.
"Good morning Haz, morning Tom." She greets as she walks up to the counter.
"Good morning, I'll get your tea." I say, turning to start making her drink.
"So where are you staying? Are you close by?" Tom asks, making small talk with her.
"The motel around the corner until I find some roommates." She says.
Oh no..
Tom please don't. Please please don't.
"Looking for roommates?" He asks. "Well we have a spare room!"
Fuck. He did it.
"That's very sweet Tom." She laughs. "But I think I'd do better living with girls."
"Aw cmon I'm a nice guy, clean too." He says and I shake my head. He just needs to stop.
"I'm sure you are, but I can't walk around the house naked if I live with boys." Addie jokes.
"Darling you can walk around naked any time you want-"
"Okay that's enough out of you." I say to Tom, elbowing him away from the counter as I hand Addie her drink.
"Thank you." She smiles, sipping her tea.
"Sorry about him." I say.
"I come from Los Angeles, believe me, your friend is quite charming." She says, waving goodbye as she leaves the shop.
Tom waves bye, turning to me with a smirk.
"She thinks I'm charming." He grins.
"You're a div." I say.
"Well if you don't like her, I think I'll ask her out." He says.
"And by ask her out you mean fuck her and avoid her." I groan.
"When have I ever done that?" He asks.
"That girl last week? And the week before that?" I say and he glares at me. "Don't mess with her man, she's cool."

•Addie's pov•
I finish up most of my classes, and sit outside sewing my pointe shoes. My phone rings and I answer it, putting it on speaker.
"Hello?" I say.
"Addison, it's dad."
"Hi daddy" I smile, missing my dad a lot.
"Hi sweetheart, how's school going?" He asks.
"Really well! I've already made a friend and he's an amazing Pas De Duex partner. My teachers are all really great as well."
"That's awesome! Your car should be delivered in a few days, could you send the address of your place?" He asks.
Shit. Shit. Shit.
"Yeah, course. I'll text it to you." I say.
"Perfect, thanks. I've gotta get back to work, I'll talk with you later."
"Bye dad, love you." I say.
We hang up and I quickly go to my last class of the day. The girls here seem friendly, but there's not a lot of time to make friends when you're constantly dancing.
Class goes by, and I say goodbye to Adam before making my way down the road and to Harrison's coffee shop. I'm going to need his help.
I walk in, seeing the brown haired girl from the other day managing the counter.
"Hi, Charlotte right?" I ask and she smiles.
"Yes." She nods.
"Is Haz around? I really need to speak with him." I ask.
"He's just through the back up the stairs, you're welcome to go up if you want." She says.
"Well I don't know-" I start.
"Addie hey" Tom grins widely as he sees me.
"Hey Tom, I need to talk to Haz." I say.
"Come on up." He says, waving me over.
I thank Charlotte, following Tom through the back doors. There's a kitchen space and a back room, then a staircase that he leads me up. This place is really cool, my friend from LA would love it here. Everyone from LA is obsessed with artsy, cool kid places.
"We've got a little American girl stalking us." Tom jokes as we walk through the door.
"Mhmm as if you don't enjoy it." I joke back and he laughs.
"Hey Addie, what are you doing here?" Haz asks, standing up from his spot on the chunky cozy looking couch in the middle of the room.
"I know we only met a few days ago.. and this is totally inappropriate." I start. "But can I ask you a huge favor?"
"Shoot." He smiles.
"Okay my dad is having my car sent here, and he thinks I'm living in a house with roommates and obviously I'm not so could I please give him your address to have my car delivered so he doesn't find out?" I ask.
"Yeah of course." He nods. "Why are you so worried?"
We sit down on the couch and Tom sits in the chair across from us. I feel like I'm hanging out with friends, in fact I feel a lot more comfortable hanging out with them than with my 'real' friends from LA.
"He can't know I don't have somewhere to live, I'm trying to prove myself right now and telling him my roommates bailed on me is not impressive" I explain.
"Like I said, we've got an empty room." Tom injects and I laugh.
"Yeah I know." I nod. "Maybe one day."