•28•

•Harrison's pov•
I somehow convinced Tom to cover my shift today so I could sleep in. Addie and her sister were hanging out late and then I couldn't sleep all night.
I hear loud coughing and groaning coming from Addie's room as I walk down the hallway.
"Everything okay?" I ask, knocking on her door.
"I think faith got me sick." She whines.
I open her door, and step in. Her nose is red, her eyes are bloodshot, and she's clutching her stomach in pain.
"I get sick easily." She says. "It's kind of ridiculous actually."
I press the back of my hand to her forehead, and it's hot.
"I'm gunna get the thermometer." I say.
"Alright doctor Haz." She teases as I walk into the kitchen, getting the thermometer out of the box and sanitizing it.
"Open up." I say.
She opens her mouth and I stick the thermometer under her tongue.
I wait patiently, and it beeps, reading 101.3
"You have a fever darling." I say.
"Oh of course I do!" She groans. "I'm going to kill faith."
"I'm going to get you some Advil to take down your fever, you want anything else?" I ask.
"Tea?" She asks and I nod.
"Coming right up."
I leave the room, and put on the kettle. Poor thing, I don't like seeing her all sad and miserable.

•Addison's pov•
Haz makes his way back in, handing me the hot cup of tea and pills.
"Those will help." He says.
I take the pills, and watch as he walks over to my dresser, grabbing one of my scrunchies off of it and walking back over to me. He grabs my hair, pulling it up into a ponytail and tying it in place.
"What was that for?" I ask.
"In case you have to hurl." He laughs lightly.
Okay he's being really thoughtful. I almost forgot how soft and sweet he is. Although I really hope I don't puke in front of him, that's not cute.
The hot tea soothes my throat and Haz grabs my laptop from my bedside table, sitting down next to me.
"Sick day means movie day." He says, opening the laptop.
"You shouldn't be sitting next to me, you'll get sick." I say.
"I'm not leaving you alone just to get lonely and bored." He scoffs, clicking on an episode of Bobs Burgers because it's what I watched last.
He leans back on the headboard and I rest my head against his arm, watching the show. Maybe bobs burgers wasn't the best idea, because every time I laugh it hurts.
I start to feel extremely sick. I jump up from my bed, running to the bathroom, vomiting in the toilet. The pain in my stomach increases more and more, making me groan out in pain. What the fuck is happening to me?
"Okay I think we may need to get you to the ER." Haz says.
"What? No. I'm not going to the ER." I say.
"You have a temperature, your stomach hurts badly, and you're puking. You might have appendicitis." He says.
"No. I'm fine." I say.
My worst fear is hospitals, doctors, surgery, all of it. I don't go to the doctors, I use a nice mix of web MD and ibuprofen to treat myself. If it's my time to go then it's my time to go. Fuck hospitals.
"Even if it's nothing they can give you some stuff to help and make sure you don't have any infection." He says. "Please."
And so I get dressed, and he drives me to urgent care because there's no way I'm sitting in the ER, this is the one thing I'm 'privileged' about.
"Go ahead and fill this out for me, and we can get you seen right away Mrs. Hill" the lady at the front says, handing me a clipboard.
"Thanks." I say, and we sit down.
"You're right, urgent care is way nicer than the ER." Haz says.
"Told ya." I say, ignoring the pain in my stomach and continuing to fill out my information.
"Your full name is Addison Brynley Hill?" Haz asks.
"Yeah." I nod.
"I'm sorry but that is the most rich white girl name I've ever heard." He laughs and I roll my eyes.
"And Harrison Is the most old man name I've ever heard." I tease.
"Haha you're so funny." He says sarcastically, grabbing my finished paperwork from me and taking it up to the front desk.
Haz walks back, combing his fingers through my hair because he knows it comforts me. I'm really glad he's here with me, if I had to come alone I would probably be in tears.
"Addison" the nurse calls and I stand up, Haz walking with me into the room to get my vitals taken.
I take a seat and she gives me a smile.
"When did you last eat?" She asks me.
"Last night." I say and she types it in.
"Do you take any medications?"
"Nope, no medications." I say.
"She does take a multivitamin in the mornings, and melatonin at night to help her sleep, I don't know if you need to know that?" Haz questions.
"Yes that's helpful, thank you." The nurse smiles.
How does Haz know what I take? He pays that much attention to me?.. that's kind of sweet.
She takes my temp, and my blood pressure.
"Your BP is a little low." She comments.
"You guys almost done in here?" A doctor asks, peeking in the door.
"Yeah, you can take her." The nurse says.
"Come on back." The doctors smiles, opening the door wider.
Haz and I walk back, following her down the hall and into a room.
"Alright take a seat." She says. "We're going to have a tech come in and take some blood-"
"Blood? You have to draw blood?" I ask nervously.
"Yes, I'll have her come in and do that, then I'll exam you."
"Okay.." I sigh.
The doctor leaves the room and I look over to Haz, almost crying. I shouldn't have come here, I'd literally rather die than be here right now.
"I can't do it. I don't do needles!" I say, my voice filled with anxiety.
"It's okay, you can. It's not that bad, just a little pinch and it's over with." He says.
"Alright let's get some blood." The tech says, walking into the room.
She starts setting up, pulling out the tubes and needles. I internally scream when I see the needle, holy fuck I can't do this.
"Hey, you got this." Haz says, getting up to stand next to me, holding my hand.
"Needles make you nervous?" The tech asks.
"Very." I say.
"I'm good at what I do, you won't feel a thing." She gives me a smile.
She ties the band around my arm, and starts pressing to feel my veins.
"You've got good veins, this'll be a piece of cake." She says.
She pulls out the needle and I look over, my heart pounding.
"Hey look at me." Haz says. "Look at me."
I look into his blue eyes and they instantly comfort me.
"I got you, you're okay." He smiles.

A/N: this chapter is just pure mush. I love Haz.