•14•

I finish getting ready for Tom and I's dinner date. He told me to dress comfy, sweats and all, so I have my favorite VS pink sweat pants on and a slightly oversized concert tee from high school.
I throw my hair into a messy ponytail, and walk out of the bathroom into the living room.
"Thought you had a date?" Haz asks me.
"We do." Tom says, walking out of his room in grey sweatpants and a blue sweatshirt. "We're going to pick up food and go to a drive in."
"Oo yay!" I say excitedly. I love drive in theaters.
"Are you ready?" He asks.
"I am." I nod. "I'm excited."
"Then let's head out" he smiles.
I grab my bag off the couch, putting my phone in it.
"Bye Haz!" I call as we walk out.
We get in his car and he starts driving.
"You look cute in your sweats." He says.
"I look like I'm ready for bed." I laugh.
"You look ready to cuddle." He says.
Why. Is. He. So. Cute.
When did this happen? How did this happen?
"What do you want?" He asks as we pull up to the screen.
"Chicken strips and fries." I say and he laughs.
"You're that kind of girl, huh?" He asks.
"Yes. I'm that kind of girl." I say proudly.
"Well thank god cause I'm that kind of guy." He says.
We get our food, and head off to the drive in. He takes one of his hands off the steering wheel, resting it on my knee. I feel a pinching, tingling sensation in my stomach. I look up at Tom and he smirks.
"It's just a hand, pretty girl." He says.
"It's a hand on my leg." I say.
"It's a gesture." He says. "Try it sometime."
"A sexual gesture or a friendly gesture?" I ask and he laughs.
"A romantic gesture." He corrects.
"Oh.. okay." I nod.
We pull into the drive in. The big screen illuminating the dark makes it feel so cozy, this is the perfect date.
The movie starts and we eat our food, and drink our shakes. We don't pay too much attention to the movie though, I'm too busy laughing as he throws up several gummy worms, failing to catch them in his mouth.
"You suck at it." I laugh.
"Oh like you could do better." He scoffs.
I rip the bag of gummy worms from his hand, pulling one out. I throw it up, easily catching it in my mouth. 
"Yeah alright show off" he says.
I giggle, popping another into my mouth.
"What other talents are you hiding from me?" He asks.
"Hmm.." I think. "I can make bomb ass buttercream but I can't make cupcakes."
"Well I've always been the kind of guy to eat all the buttercream and throw away the cupcake." He smiles.
"Me too." I say.
As we watch the movie, I find myself resting my head on his arm, his hand holding mine. I feel so comfortable with him, he's like a different person when it's just us.
The day before yesterday, this was all just a joke, he lost the bet and asked me out.
I think my sister may be right..
I think I may be catching feelings..
Dammit.
The movie comes to an end and everyone starts to pull out of the parking lot. We don't though, we sit in our same spot, not moving.
"This is a first." He mumbles.
"First what?" I ask, looking up at him.
"My first second date." He says.
"Well, it's my first second date too." I smile.
I sit up, causing him to frown as I pull my hand from his. I climb over the middle console, moving to straddle his lap. He looks at me with pure confusion and rests his hands on my hips.
"What are you doing?" He asks.
I place my hands on either side of his face, pressing my forehead to his. He breaths heavily beneath me, waiting for me to make the move.
I press my lips against his, and instantly his hands grip into my skin, and he glides his lips over mine, taking full control of the kiss. My whole face heats up, and a warm sensation fills my stomach. He barely pulls away, our lips still brushing against each other.
"What was that?" He asks.
"A gesture, you told me to try it sometime." I say and he lets out a breathy laugh.
"I think I'm going to need another gesture." He says, pressing his lips to mine again.
______
"I kissed him.. it just kind of happened. I got this surge of confidence and I literally climbed over the car and kissed him." I say to my sister.
"Dude you're falling for him! Is he hot?" She asks.
"Here, I'll send you the link to his Instagram." I say, sending it to her.
She scrolls through his Instagram and her eyes widen.
"Well fuck if I didn't have a boyfriend I'd be on a plane to London right now." She says. "He's fine as fuck."
"He is.. I guess." I laugh.
Our video chat ends quickly and I try to fall asleep, but my mind is racing, specifically with choreography, and that kiss. That fucking kiss. It was the perfect first kiss, short and sweet. Followed with another longer more intense kiss.
I get up, walking into the kitchen to find something sweet. When I use to not be able to sleep my mom would make me hot chocolate, and it always helped.
I go through the kitchen cupboards, trying to find something but I can't. Ugh.
"Hey.. why are you up?" Haz asks, walking into the kitchen.
"Can't sleep. You?" I ask.
"Same. Want some tea?"
"Yes please." I say.
He puts the kettle on, and grabs two mugs out of the cabinet.
"So how'd your date go?" He asks.
"Really good." I smile. "I'm no longer a kissing virgin so that's cool."
"He kissed you?" He asks.
"More like I kissed him." I laugh.
Haz changes the subject, talking to me about the showcase at my school at the end of the year. I explain to him why it's such a big deal, and how whoever dances the lead will be seen by some of the biggest names in ballet.
"You've got this, you're the best dancer I've ever seen." He says.
"And how many dancers have you seen?" I ask.
"Well.. not many but still."
"That's sweet." I smile. "But I have a lot of improvements to make. It's something you can never perfect.."
He continues making our tea and I go on Instagram. I see Tom commented on some girls photo a heart eyes emoji and a fire emoji. I can't help the sudden sadness I feel, seeing that he's into other girls. It's ridiculous, I don't need to be sad over a boy I literally just went on two dates with.
"Why's my girl frowning?" Haz asks.
Did he just call me his girl?..
"It's nothing." I shake my head, locking my phone and taking the cup of tea from his hand.
I don't need to be catching feelings for a boy that I know isn't going to reciprocate. I think I just got excited by the new experience, and ran with it.
"Do you believe in love?" I ask.
"Well that's a deep question for it being as late as it is." He laughs.
"Well do you?" I ask.
"Course I do." He says, taking a seat next to me at the kitchen table. It's dimly lit by a lamp from the living room, making the room feel warm and cozy.
"Have you been in love?" I ask.
"Once, with my ex girlfriend." He says. "She left me though, but I didn't let that ruin what I could have in my future. Just because she wasn't right for me doesn't mean no one is."
I nod, taking in what he said.
"My mom and dad are constantly working, they barely see each other yet they're so close.. I want that one day." I state.
"And you'll get it." He says.
"You think so?"
"I know so. You're the perfect girl, Addie. Any guy would be lucky to have you.."