•12•

"What should I wear?" I ask, on video chat with my sister, Faith.
"Well where are you guys going?" She asks.
"I don't know. All he said was it's indoors and slightly formal." I say, pushing through the clothes in my closet.
"Don't wear black. Black is boring. Go for a light color, something flirty and flowy." She says.
It's quite pathetic honestly. I'm twenty one years old and I've never been on a date. It's difficult to meet anyone outside of dance classes, and even when I do meet someone it's difficult to find the time to do anything.
"My little sis is finally growing up" she says and I roll my eyes.
"It's not like this is a thing, Faith. Just one date." I say.
"Unless it turns into two, then three-" she wiggles her brows.
"He's my roommate. It can't be awkward between us." I say, holding a dress up to see if she likes it, to which she shakes her head no.
"You know what will be awkward? Is if you catch feelings and act like nothings up. That will be awkward." She says.
"Even if I did catch feelings, he won't. I'm not his type." I say.
I hold up a royal blue fit and flare dress. It's simple, but pretty. She nods approvingly and I search for my short black heels.
"How are you not his type?" She asks.
"Toms a party guy. He likes to hook up with girls, apparently isn't very good at relationships." I explain.
"And who's this other guy your living with?" She asks.
"Haz? Oh he's really nice. He works in a coffee shop with his little sister. He and I are becoming close friends I think." I say, changing into the dress and shoes.
"Sounds like you may like him." She comments and I laugh.
"I don't like anyone." I say.
"Oh my god, what if you fall in love with both of them and you're trapped in this epic British love triangle! It's like a movie!" She squeals.
"Yeah that's not gonna happen." I laugh.
"You never know" she chimes.
"Alright, I'm gunna get off here. We're leaving in like ten minuets." I say.
"Good luck! Let me know how it goes!" She says.
"I will, bye faith."
I hang up the phone and quickly check to make sure my hair and makeup is still intact. I put two hours of effort into my appearance tonight, I want to feel good about myself.
I step out of my room, and down the hallway to the living room. Haz looks over at me, the side of his lip curving up into a smile.
"You look beautiful." He says.
"Thanks." I grin. "My first date so."
"First date? You've never even been on a date before?" He asks.
"Nope" I shake my head.
"Well then he better fucking deliver." Haz says and I laugh.
"Where is he anyways?" I ask.
"Don't know." He shrugs.
I grab my phone and stuff it into my bag, ready for my date. The doorbell rings and I walk over, answering it.
I open the door and there stands Tom, in a black on black suit, holding a bouquet of flowers that is very mismatching and confusing.
"What are you doing?" I giggle.
"Picking you up for our date." He smiles. "Now, I didn't know your favorite flower, so I got one of each"
I realize now why the bouquet looks a little silly, loving the thought behind it. I didn't expect such a cute gesture from Tom.
"It's carnations." I say, telling him my favorite flower.
Haz leaves the room, without saying goodbye.
I quickly set the flowers in a vase of water, wanting to make sure they stay alive. Tom holds out his hand to mine, and I take it with a smile.
"You're going to love where I'm taking you." He says.
"Oh I am? Wanna tell me where it is?" I ask.
"You'll know it when you see it." He says.
We walk out to his car, getting inside. This already feels like the perfect first date. He's so sweet to go get me flowers and knock on the door to pick me up.
We arrive at a large building, and I recognize it instantly. This, this is so thoughtful.
"The royal ballet.." I say quietly to myself, staring up at the beautiful building, it's been my dream since I was little to see Steven McRae and Francesca Hayward dance.
"They're dancing sleeping beauty." He says.
"That's my favorite ballet." I smile widely.
"Well then, lets go in." He says, putting out his hand to take mine.
He leads me into the building and gives the seater our tickets. They show us to our seats, which I'm impressed that he managed to get us seats in the grand tier. Normally these seats are gone within the first few seconds of tickets being on sale.
"How did you get these seats on such short notice?" I ask.
"I'm VIP." He says nonchalantly.
"You're VIP?" I question.
"You seem surprised." He laughs.
"You don't see a lot of guys being VIP with an opera house is all." I shrug. "I think it's great."
____
The ballet ends, and I'm in absolute awe of what I just got to experience. It was even more beautiful than I expected. My dream of seeing the dancers I've admired since I was a young girl has come true.
"That was amazing." I say, walking out of the royal opera house with Tom.
"I'm glad you liked it." He smiles.
"Liked it? I loved it. It was everything I dreamed of and more." I say. "The artistry is beautiful."
"You're beautiful.." he says softly.
I feel a warm tightness in my chest, fighting off the way my lips are curving up at his compliment.
"Thank you." I say.
I try to keep in perspective that he's only being sweet so he can get in my pants, and I'm not going to let it happen.
"So I think I nailed this first date." He says cockily, opening the door to his car for me.
"Yeah, you did." I say.
He gets in and starts the car, driving us home.
"So a second date may be a possibility?" He asks.
"Maybe." I smile.
We get to the house, and we get out of the car. He walks over to me, standing in front of me with a smirk. I raise my brow at him, waiting for him to say something, but he says nothing.
"I'm not sleeping with you." I say.
"Did I ask you to sleep with me?" He asks sassily.
"No." I answer quietly.
"Normally, I end my dates with a bit of flirting, and a cheeky kiss goodnight, but I think just to prove to you how respectable I can be, I won't kiss you. Yet." He says, his face very close to mine. So close I can feel his breath on my skin.
"Maybe I want you to kiss me." I say.
"Maybe you'll get that kiss tomorrow after I take you to dinner?" He asks.
"Yeah, that sounds good." I nod.
"Good." He says, pulling me into the house.

A/N: I've pre written all the way to chapter 20 and y'all are going to hate me lmao.

Team Tom or Team Haz?

Believe me, you're going to be switching teams ALOT over the next ten chapters.