•2•

I wake up to the sound of rain drops hitting the window. A smile grows on my face, it's not often I get to see or hear rain. It's comforting.
I hop out of the bed, seeing I have some time extra time before my first class of the day. I take a shower, and put on my tights, leotard, and some sweats over the top so I don't walk out of here half naked.
I then put my medium length hair into a tight secure bun, overloading it with Bobby pins. Can't be too safe on your first day and ballet teachers are strict as hell.
My Mom texts me, and I quickly check it as I head out the door.
Mom: good luck on your first day!
I smile, texting her back a thank you.
With having quite a bit of extra time before classes, I walk down the road to the same coffee shop as yesterday. I definitely could use a delicious drink before one of the biggest days of my life.
I step into the shop, seeing there's a few more people compared to yesterday evening.
"Good morning Haz." I chime as I step up to the counter.
The boy jumps, spilling a bit of coffee on himself as he turns to see me.
"Oh I'm so sorry!" I giggle, watching him wipe it off with a towel.
"No you're good" he laughs. "Just scared me."
He fixes the cup of coffee, handing it to the man waiting, then walks over to me.
"Back for another cup of tea, I think you've got me hooked." I say.
"Coming right up." He grins. "To go?"
"Yes." I nod.
He starts making the tea, and looks back at me as he does it.
"A dancer?" He asks.
"Yeah, going to the school a couple blocks down." I nod. "How'd you guess?"
He stirs the drinks, walking it over to me.
"My best mate use to be a dancer, I've seen many bun heads." He jokes, gesturing towards my tightly done bun.
"Met any from the school?" I ask.
"They come around sometimes, quite bitchy though." He comments.
"That's exactly what I want to hear before my first day there." I say sarcastically.
"Find a guy named Adam. He's got dark curly hair and he's freakishly tall, easy to spot. Tell him you know me." He says. "I'm sure your first day will go great."
"Hope so." I say. "I better get to my class."
I pay, taking a sip of the delicious tea.
"Have a nice day, Addie." He says.
"You too, Haz."
I walk out, tea in hand as I go down the street. I get to my school, shaking the water off my umbrella before walking in through the doors. Everyone is crowded in the hallways, and I try to maneuver through them, looking for my first class.
"Scuse me, sorry." I say, accidentally bumping into someone.
The guy turns to me, and gives me a small smile.
"No worries, you lost?" He asks.
"That obvious?" I ask with a laugh.
"Let me see." He says and I hand him my class list.
"Oh you're with Mr. Dean, that's right down here."
I follow the guy down the hallway, turning a couple corners until we get to a room. I take notice of the older man in there, he looks kind.
"His class is fun, he's not too hard on everyone." He says. "I'm Adam."
Adam? He does have the curly hair and he is quite tall.
"Haz's friend?" I ask.
"You know Harrison?" He asks.
"Yeah, met him yesterday. He said to find you." I nod.
"Well you found me." Adam says, handing me my schedule back. "Looks like we have Pas De Duex together later, see you then."
He walks off and I go into my class.
_______
"That was amazing, I've never had a partner before that actually knew what he was doing!" I say excitedly to Adam.
"This school will teach you a lot. The guys in Los Angeles are cocky, they don't try." He says.
"Exactly!" I say. It's nice to talk to someone who understands ballet.
"Where you off to?" He asks as we walk out of the building.
"Gotta go pick up some dinner." I shrug.
"I was going to the best burger place in London, wanna join?" He asks.
"Sure, but it's probably not gonna compare to my favorite place in LA." I say and he scoffs.
"Please, I know the best places to eat. This is going to beat yours by a landslide."
I can't believe I already made a friend my first day. Maybe he knows someone looking for a roommate. I walk with him to his car, and we get in. Yeah I know, it's not the smartest idea to get in a car with someone I barely know but Haz knows him, and He seems trust worthy.
He drives us to the fast food place, playing classical music the whole way there. I swear this guy is the British version of me.
"Welcome to Ronnie's. The best burger place in all of London." He says as we walk in, the entire place is filled with high schoolers, the annoying high schoolers that think they're better than everyone else.
"Seems like the cool hang out spot." I laugh, using air quotes over cool.
"That's why my mates and I typically get it to go and chill at my place." He says.
Is he trying to get me to go hang out at his house? Sweet! I totally did make a friend! It's nice that he's obviously gay too, he's not a creepy guy just looking to get in my pants.
"Hey mate!" A brown curly haired boy says, walking up to Adam and I. "Been a while."
"Yeah busy now that classes have started again." Adam shrugs.
"And who's you're lovely date?" He asks, his brown eyes looking over to me.
"Oh no.. this isn't a date." I say quickly and the boy laughs.
"I know darlin, he doesn't roll that way." He says.
"This is Addie, she's new at my school." Adam introduces me.
"I'm Tom" the boy smiles.
"It's nice to meet you, Tom." I say.
The doors open, and I look over to see some familiar blue eyes.
"Hey Haz." I say.
His eyes pop up, looking surprised to see me. I mean it makes sense, I'm standing around with his friends.
"Addie, hey. What are you doing here?" He asks.
Tom looks between us, complete confusion written across his face.
"Found Adam like you said and he invited me." I say.
We get to the front of the line so Adam starts to order and I continue my conversation with Haz.
"How'd the first day go?" He asks me.
"Great! It's such a different environment here, I love it." I smile.
"That's good." He nods.
Adam gets our food and walks over to me.
"Ready?" He asks.
"Yeah." I nod. "I'll see you in the morning, gotta get my tea before school. Bye!"
"Bye" he smiles as I walk out with Adam.