•4•

My first week of school has passed, and I'm surprised by how my first week here has gone. Nothing has happened how I expected it to. I didn't think I'd be living in a motel, I didn't think I'd make friends, and I definitely didn't think I'd love it here more than back home. Everything about London feels so right to me, as if this is where I belong. LA is big and busy, filled with people who want to be stars, competing for the top spot. Here? Everyone works together, no man left behind. People are kind, and encouraging.
This is where I'm meant to be.
"Hey my bitches." I say, popping into the coffee shop that's about to close with Adam.
"I'm not your bitch." Tom says, hopping off the counter. He walks over to me with a smirk and I know he's about to make a cocky remark of some sort. "But I can be tonight, babygirl."
"Ugh you're so annoying." I groan, nudging him with my shoulder.
"You love it." He says.
"Hey guys" Haz smiles as he walks into the room.
"Listen to this." Adam starts. "Addie got invited to a party at Kian Westfields house."
"No way! Are you going?!" Tom asks.
"What's so cool about Kian?" I ask.
"Nothing." Haz says.
Tom scoffs at him, turning back to me.
"He's rich as hell. His parties are the coolest." He says.
"Rich people are dicks." Haz shakes his head.
Ouch.. I wonder what he'll think of me when he finds out I have money. I hope they don't think differently of me. We're just starting to become friends and it'd really suck to go back to being alone.
My parents money has caused me many problems in the past, and I don't want it to cause problems now. I'm starting fresh.
"Do you think you could get us in?" Tom asks.
"She totally could, he fancies her." Adam says.
"Slow down guys, I don't even know if I'm going yet." I laugh.
"Please Addie, please go and take me. I'll owe you a favor, anything! Please!" Tom begs.
"Fine, but when I cash in this favor you have to do whatever I want. No backing out." I say.
"Deal!" He says.
"Cmon mate, we gotta figure out what to wear." Adam says, as him and Tom leave the shop.
I turn to Haz with a laugh.
"They're girls." I say. "Actual girls."
"Do you even want to go to this party?" Haz asks. "Don't seem like the party type."
"I'm definitely not." I say, sitting down at one of the tables as Haz flips the sign on the door from open to closed, locking it. "I've never been to a party before."
"Really?" He asks wide eyed.
"Really. There's a lot of stuff I haven't done. I'm excited to start my life... now is the time." I say.
If this boy knew just how little I've done, he'd be amazed. The fact that I'm 21 and haven't been on a date, or kissed a guy, I haven't drank alcohol or tried any form of drugs. My entire life has been dedicated to ballet, and it still is, but now I'm ready to let myself live a little.
Starting with a party.
"Will you come? I don't think I can handle Tom alone." I laugh.
"Sure, I'll go." He smiles.
"Thank you! My first party will be difficult enough as it is, last thing I need is to be awkwardly alone." I say.
"Believe me, as long as Toms around I don't think you'll have much alone time." He laughs.
"What's his deal? He seems like a player."
Haz wipes down the coffee machines, and puts things away.
"He is.. but he's a good guy." He says.
He finishes closing up the shop and walks over to me.
"Want a ride?" He asks.
"Sure." I smile.
I'm literally right around the corner, but oh well. We step out through the back door, and he locks the place up.
I turn to see his cute little grey car, and the lights flash as he unlocks it. I get inside and take in the scent of his sugar donut air freshener. I love that.
He starts up the car and I buckle my seatbelt.
"I can't wait to get my car back, but driving on these roads is going to be terrifying." I say.
"Nah, you'll do great." He says, pulling out into the road.
I really like Haz. He's shy, especially when his friends are around, and he's closed off, but he's kind. I can tell we're going to become good friends as time passes.
He pulls the car up to the motel, and parks.
"You know, Toms right. We do have a spare room that you could live in until you find a place more comfortable for you." He says. "Living at a motel isn't homey."
I smile at his generosity. Is he seriously opening up his home to an almost complete stranger?
He's not wrong. Sleeping here has been kind of sucky. The beds are hard, the tv sucks, and I swear I can hear a new couple fucking every single night.
"Maybe I'll take you up on that offer." I say.
"Whenever you'd like. Our guest room will finally get some use." He says.
"Goodnight Haz."
"Goodnight Addie."
I get out of the car, shutting the door behind me. I wave at him as I walk in through the front doors.
My tired and overworked feet walk through the lobby to the elevator. I'm so glad I don't have classes tomorrow, my body is extremely fatigued, and I need a break. I've never been worked this hard in my life and it is catching up with me.
I take a warm shower, and change into some cozy pajamas. I text my family goodnight, even though it's daytime where they are, and I go to sleep.