•33•

Finally, Haz and I are going on our first proper date. Tomorrow is my birthday, so he wanted to do it before then.
He told me to dress warm, so I put on jeans, and layered a sweater with a jacket and my fuzzy boots. He decided he wanted tonight to be a surprise, what is with boys and wanting everything to be a surprise? It can be annoying sometimes, but for the most part it's fun.
"So you need to dress warm, it's evening, casual, must be something outdoors?" Faith says through video chat.
"No clue." I shrug.
"I'm glad you are with Haz, he seems a lot more stable." She comments.
"It's not that Tom isn't stable, he just needs to grow up a bit." I explain.
"Addie you ready?" I hear Haz ask through my door.
"Yeah be out in a sec!" I call.
"Have fun on your date." Faith says with a silly grin.
"I will, see you." I wave, hanging up.
I walk out to the living room, seeing Haz in a big chunky jacket and a Snap back which I think is so cute on him.
"You look so cozy and cute I just wanna cuddle you." I say, wrapping my arms around him.
"Well we get to cuddle on our date." He smiles. "You ready to go?"
"Yes." I nod.
We walk out to his car, getting in and driving to the destination.
"We're at the pier." I say, confused.
"Yep, my family rents out a boat, and I want to take you out on it to watch the sunset." He says.
"Haz, you are the sweetest person ever, but I am terrified of water." I laugh.
"Princess I've got you, trust me." He says.
"Alright.." I say nervously as we walk down the pier.
We get to a decent sized cabin cruiser, and he steps into it, holding out his hand.
"Nothings going to happen to you, I promise." He says.
I take his hand, and he helps me on, leading me over to the seats where he controls the boat.
"I use to go on my dads boat all the time when I was little, but when I was nine I fell in and never got on one again." I say.
"You won't fall in, and even if you did, I'd dive in and save you." He smiles. "Are you ready?"
"Yes." I nod.
He starts up the boat, and it starts to move out onto the water. He slowly makes it go faster, and I grip his arm tightly, making him laugh at me.
"You're okay." He encourages.
I soon calm down, looking out at the water surrounding us. The pink and orange sky is illuminated by the sun, that's going to go down soon.
I see Haz through the corner of my eye, watching me with a smile.
"I adore you." He says, slowing down the boat in the middle of the water, bringing it to a complete stop.
I turn to him, the look on his face is warm, and loving. "Let's go sit on the end, I got blankets."
He helps me carefully get to the end of the boat, and we sit down. He pulls blankets out and throws one over me.
"This is beautiful" I smile. "Thank you, for bringing me here."
"Of course." He says, wrapping his arms around me as I rest my head against his chest, listening to his heart beat.
We relax on the boat, watching as the sun slowly sets. I take a few photos of the sight, wanting them for my Instagram. Haz pulls out his phone, and removes his arms from around me.
"Sit up and smile pretty girl." He says.
"You want me in the picture?" I ask.
"Course I do, you're the view." He states.
My heart swells, and I sit up in front of the sunset, smiling for his photo. He takes it and looks at it.
"Yep, absolutely gorgeous." He nods. "Now come take one with me, wanna show off my girl."
I lean my head on his shoulder, a soft smile gracing my face as he takes a couple shots of the two of us.
"You have no idea how jealous my California friends are gunna be that I have a hot British boyfriend." I giggle.
"You're using me to make them jealous?" He raises his brow at me.
"No, but I am gunna rub it in their face that I have the hottest boyfriend." I say, kissing his cheek.
He laughs at me, shaking his head. I love the crinkles by his eyes when he smiles, and how one side of his lips rises slightly higher than the other side.
"I'm in love with you." I say.
His laughing smile turns into a genuine, soft smile.
"Im in love with you too." He says, squeezing my hand in his.
And just like that, Haz is the first love I never thought I'd have. I didn't think moving here, that on the first day I would meet the love of my life. I didn't know that the dorky blue eyed boy that gave me my first proper British tea would be the boy I would want to spend all my time with.
The sun falls to darkness, leaving us in a cool navy grey sky. The wind picks up and I pull the blanket tightly around me.
"Ready to head back?" He asks.
I nod, and he helps me over to my seat once more. I enjoy the ride back much more than the ride over. I see a few otters in the water, poking their heads up then going under again.
"I want one." I laugh.
"You want an otter?" He asks.
"Yes." I nod.
"I don't think I can make that happen sweetheart." He laughs.
"I also wouldn't mind a pig, Ive always wanted a pig." I say.
We get to the pier, and he helps me off of the boat.
"That was amazing. I loved it." I say.
"Then we'll have to do it more often." He says.
We walk hand in hand, back to the car. Tonight was the perfect night, because for the first time ever, a boy loves me, and I love him back.