Chapter 4: Team VMPR

I Do Not Own RWBY. All rights for RWBY go to Mr. Monty Oum and the good folks at Rooster Teeth.

Writers whose works are and aren't included in this chapter are Sapphire_Darkhouse, Nighttra, victorblaze0522, and xxQrowBrawnwenxx, me, SnowDrrgun, Cosmickatana, thedragonmaster18, AngelFlower23, Firedragon_Yang, -Viperr-, and UzukiB. Enjoy.

On Earth(Prime Remnant)*

Eight Years Later After Chapter 3*

Marcus DeVoe's POV*

I arrived at one of the old ancient temples that dotted around Earth.

I hopped out of my personal Bullhead and began my search for a Lamp that was supposedly supposed to be here.

I found the temple I was looking for and when I entered I put my Walkman and headphones on and listened to Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce as I danced my way all the way across the temple and to the door which I had to picklock open.

When the door opened I walked forward and saw my prize.

I grabbed the Lamp and just as I was about to take it out of here I was intercepted by a guy and his henchmen.

He aimed his gun at me and said, "Drop it." as the two henchmen come closer to me with their guns pointed at me. 

I said, "No problem at all." and the guy picked up the lamp.

He asked, "How do you know about this?".

I nonchalantly said, "I don't even know what that is. I'm just a treasure hunter, man." and his henchmen who keep prodding me.

I turned to him and said, "You better stop poking me.".

The guy angrily asked, "What is your name?!".

I said, "My name is Marcus DeVoe, okay? Dude, chill out.".

He angrily said, "Move!".

I asked, "Why?".

The guy said, "Adam Taurus may have questions for you." and he turned to leave.

I said, "Ah, forget this" and I pulled out my guns and shot the two henchmen and the mean dude then I picked the Lamp up and the mean dude raised up. 

He shot at me but I managed to dodge it and I fell to the ground. 

I activated my Time Stop and I managed to run out of the temple and got back to my ship and take off. 

Later as I was traveling away from the temple. 

I sat back in my chair as the ship was on autopilot and I watched the news on my monitor.

The News Reporter said, "Scattered riots broke out across the Vacuo today protesting the recent peace treaty signed by the White Fang and Atlas's General.".

My boss came up on the monitor and said, "DeVoe?".

I said, "Hey, Raven.".

Raven said, "I'm here at the temple. there ain't no Lamp, and ain't no you.".

I said, "Well, I was in the neighborhood. I thought I'd save your crew the hassle.".

Raven asked, "Well, where are you at now?".

I said, "I feel really bad about this, but I'm not gonna tell you that just yet.".

Raven asked, "And now you're gonna rip me off?".

I asked, "I mean, really?".

Raven said, "We do not do that to each other. We're treasure hunters. We got a code.".