Chapter 5: Volt Blazeheart

I Do Not Own RWBY. All rights for RWBY go to Mr. Monty Oum and the good folks at Rooster Teeth.

Writers whose works are and aren't included in this chapter are Sapphire_Darkhouse, Nighttra, victorblaze0522, and xxQrowBrawnwenxx, me, SnowDrrgun, Cosmickatana, thedragonmaster18, AngelFlower23, Firedragon_Yang, -Viperr-, and UzukiB. Enjoy.

On Earth(Prime Remnant)*

Four Years Later After Chapter 4*

Peter Adrian's POV*

One of my dimensional rift facilities had a breakthrough and a breakout.

We began mop-up and I said, "I don't want to have to wait for a full clean up just to get a status report.". 

Dr. Addler said, "We're collecting this data as quickly as possible.".

I got frustrated and said, "That's not good enough.". 

I turned to one of the tech boys and said, "Okay, maybe you can tell me what happened.". 

They said, "There was some kind of breach.".

I said, "Find it then.".

Six Months Later*

Down In Mantle*

Volt Blazeheart's POV*

I was at a bar watching the news when I asked, "Hey, Jim. Do you ever feel like your life is like one monumental screwup?".

Jim said, "Nope.".

I left a tip and said, "All right, Jim, this is for you. I do not want you to spend it all at once. I'm going to go home and chase myself around the room, playing hard to get." and I left the bar.

I walked down the street and saw Fiona's little shop on the corner.

I said, "Hey, Fiona." 

She looked at me and said, "Volt.". 

I asked, "How's it going?". 

Fiona said, "Righteous, Volt.". 

I looked at the paper and Fiona said, "Cost you five dollars.". 

I said, "That's pretty steep.". 

Fiona said, "Tell you what, you give me a dollar for a song, I'll throw in the paper.". 

I said, "I'll tell you what, I will give you twenty bucks, but not to sing, all right?". 

Fiona said, "Deal.". 

I paid for the paper and I said, "Thank you.". 

She said, "You're welcome.". 

I said, "No. You're welcome." as I grabbed a paper and headed out.

I entered a store and I said, "Hey, Mrs. Cobalt.". 

She said, "How you doing, Volt?". 

I said, "Ah, aches and pains, you know, aches and pains.". 

She said, "You look like shit.". 

I turned to her wide-eyed and asked, "Excuse me?". 

She said, "You look like shit.". 

I said, "And you look as beautiful as ever.". 

She said, "Mind is body, Volt. Have you been meditating as I showed you?". 

I said, "No, I have not. And it does not work.". 

She said, "It doesn't work, because you don't give it a chance.".