Chapter 3: Josh Branwen

I Do Not Own RWBY. All rights for RWBY go to Mr. Monty Oum and the good folks at Rooster Teeth.

Writers whose works are and aren't included in this chapter are Sapphire_Darkhouse, Nighttra, victorblaze0522, and xxQrowBrawnwenxx, me, SnowDrrgun, Cosmickatana, thedragonmaster18, AngelFlower23, Firedragon_Yang, -Viperr-, and UzukiB. Enjoy.

On Earth(Prime Remnant)*

Seventy-Eight Years Later After Chapter 2*

Bill's POV*

I narrated, "It's said that the Earth was built on legends. Fairytales that help us make the judgment of things too great or too terrifying to understand. This is the legend of the Ghost Rider Family. The story goes that every generation has one. The spirit passes from parent to child. But the Rider is cursed to ride the Earth doing the Demon King Skaoi's work for him. Many years ago, a Rider was sent to an ancient temple to fetch a Relic worth anything. But that Relic was so powerful the Rider of the time knew he could never let the Skaoi get his hands on it. So he did what no Rider has ever done before: He outran Skaoi himself. The thing about legends is, they're true.

Young Josh Branwen's POV*

Dad and I did a jump through a ring of fire on our bikes.

We both landed safely and dad decided to chew me out as usual.

Dad said, "You're a hotshot, ain't you, Josh? Young, think you know everything there is to know. When you do things without thinking you ain't making the choice, the choice is making you.".

I said, "Yeah dad, I know.".

Dad said, "I, the great, Keanu Branwen didn't raise no fool of a son, Josh.".

I said, "And I, the great, Josh Branwen am no fool.".

Dad coughed up a little and asked, "You think Robyn's gonna stand by you when you're in a wheelchair? Huh, hotshot?".

I said, "I love you too, Dad." as we walked our bikes back to the garage.

Later*

Robyn and I met up and I carved our names into a lonely tree outside of Mistral.

I turned towards Robyn because she looked down.

I asked, "Hey. What's wrong, Robyn?". 

Robyn said, "I'm leaving, Josh.".

I asked, "What?". 

Robyn said, "My dad's sending me to live with my mom in Mantle.". 

I asked, "When?". 

Robyn said, "Soon.". 

I asked, "What about us, Robyn?". 

Robyn said, "He said you're a bad influence and not good enough for me. And you're just a phase. So, what are we gonna do, Josh?". 

I said, "We'll leave. We'll jump on the bike and just keep going.". 

Robyn asked, "But what about your dad?". 

I said, "He doesn't need me. He doesn't need anybody. Tomorrow, noon. We'll meet here.".

She nodded and we shared a romantic kiss before going our separate ways.

I went home and looked at our family album.

I saw me, dad, Aunt Raven, Uncle Qrow, my cousin Yang, and my baby cousin Ruby.

I smiled as I set the book aside and got some rest.

The Next Day*

I awoke to birds chirping.