Chapter 10: The Sentinels

I Do Not Own RWBY. All rights for RWBY go to Mr. Monty Oum and the good folks at Rooster Teeth.

Writers whose works are and aren't included in this chapter are Sapphire_Darkhouse, Nighttra, victorblaze0522, and xxQrowBrawnwenxx, me, SnowDrrgun, Cosmickatana, thedragonmaster18, AngelFlower23, Firedragon_Yang, -Viperr-, UzukiB, and Sanderson37. Enjoy.

On Earth(Prime Remnant)*

5 Months Later After Chapter 9*

Ember Fall's POV*

I grabbed a burglar trying to get away and dangled him off the side of the roof waiting for my target to show up.

He asked, "What do you want from me?

I said, "Bair. They can smell you." and the Black Wolf Golden Armored Thingy climbed up the building and I pinned it to a wall by stabbing its hands into the wall.

It moved around violently until it faded away in black dust.

It left behind four images, a Sword, a Staff, a Crown, and a Lamp.

I hummed and said, "Richard prep the jet. We're going north tonight.".

Richard said, "Good. It's time then.".

The burglar asked, "It's 'cause they know he's dead, right? Ghost Rider? Where does that leave us?" and I flew off.

The Next Day In Mantle*

I was walking around the outskirts of Mantle looking for Dove Branwen.

I found her playing with the kids of an orphanage.

She looked up at me and I tilted my head and she followed me off to a room in the orphanage where no one would hear our conversation.

I said, "I'm asking for your help. There are enemies coming from far away. I need warriors. I'm building an alliance to defend ourselves. I really need your help and everyone else's help here.".

She said, "I don't know what you're talking about miss. You should probably leave.".

I said, "Can you at least point me in the direction of Themis.".

She grabbed me by my coat and forced me against the wall.

I said, "Dove Branwen. Also known as Protector of Magic and Mankind. Themis.".

She set me down and I gave her the rundown and I said, "When the fight comes, we'll need you.".

She said, "Don't count on it.".

I asked, "Why not?".

She said, "Cause I don't like you coming here, digging into my business and getting into my life. I wanna be left alone.".

I asked, "Is that why you help these kids out here in the middle of Mantle? Cause you can just leave?".

She said, "I help them because no one else cares enough to do so.".

I said, "If you want to protect them, you need to work with me and the others to save the world.".

She nodded and said, "I just wanna be alone right now.".

I said, "You ever hear of Ghost Rider? He died fighting next to me as comrades.".

She said, "My point exactly." and she left.

I said, "Doesn't mean I'm wrong.".

A Little While Later On The Fall Private Jet*

I said, "Those object from those creatures remains. I think they must be keys of some kind.".