Chapter 14: Ember Fall Rebirth

I Do Not Own RWBY. All rights for RWBY go to Mr. Monty Oum and the good folks at Rooster Teeth.

Writers whose works are and aren't included in this chapter are Sapphire_Darkhouse, Nighttra, victorblaze0522, and xxQrowBrawnwenxx, me, SnowDrrgun, Cosmickatana, thedragonmaster18, AngelFlower23, Firedragon_Yang, -Viperr-, UzukiB, and Sandersen37. Enjoy.

On Earth(Prime Remnant)*

A Month After The End Of Chapter 13*

Ember Fall's POV*

When my parents were killed when I was just ten years old I devoted myself to training to become a person who could stop the violence from ever happening to anyone else.

I already read the magical books in my library at home and had a clear grasp of it.

I left home unannounced and traveled the world training to become the best.

I was currently in solitary confinement in a Mantle prison for a fight I won earlier.

A man walked through the shadows and asked, "Are you so desperate to fight criminals... that you lock yourself in to take them on one at a time, Ms. Fall?".

I asked, "Well, yeah. But, how do you know my name?".

He said, "The world is too small for someone like Ember Fall to just disappear no matter how deep into it you choose to go.".

I asked, "Who are you?".

He said, "My name is merely Hassan-i-Sabbah, The Old Man of the Mountain, and I am a man greatly feared by the criminal underworld. A man who can offer you a path.".

I asked, "What makes you think I need a path, old man of the mountain?".

Hassan said, "Someone like you is only here by choice. I have been informed that you are exploring the criminal brotherhood but whatever your original intentions were, you've become lost in them.".

I asked, "And path do you offer?".

Hassan said, "The path of a man who shares your hatred of evil and wishes to serve true justice. The path of the Order of Assassins.".

I chuckled a little and said, "You're vigilantes.".

Hassan said, "No. A vigilante can be destroyed or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a regular woman and if you devote yourself mind and body to an abstract ideal and if no one can stop you then like me you become something else entirely. A legend.".

I looked at him with a sense of purpose and said, "3 days from now, you will be released. If you want to achieve something more there is a rare black flower that grows on the western slopes. Pick one of these flowers. And if you can carry it to the top of my mountain, you may just find what you're looking for.".

I asked, "And what was I looking for?".

He said, "Only you can know that." and he disappeared into the shadows.

3 Days Later*

I was abandoned on the side of the road and I looked over and saw the mountains Hassan spoke of.

I grabbed the bag I was left and started walking.

It took about an hour but I reached the area where the black flowers were.

I picked one and climbed the rest of the mountain and found a temple there.

I knocked on the front door and it was opened.

I walked in and I stood before Hassan-i-Sabbah.

Hassan asked, "What are you seeking?".

I said, "I seek the means to fight injustice. To become the legend that all criminals look to in fear of." and I pulled the black flower out and handed it to his steward.