Chapter 33: The Sentinels; Friends & Foes

I Do Not Own RWBY. All rights for RWBY go to Mr. Monty Oum and the good folks at Rooster Teeth.

Writers whose works are and aren't included in this chapter are Sapphire_Darkhouse, Nighttra, victorblaze0522, and xxQrowBrawnwenxx, me, SnowDrrgun, Cosmickatana, thedragonmaster18, AngelFlower23, Firedragon_Yang, -Viperr-, UzukiB, AltairMorpheus, and Sandersen37. Enjoy.

On Earth(Prime Remnant)*

The Year Is 2246*

1 Year After The End Of Chapter 32*

Ash Fall's POV*

The others came back and Bani looked all broken up.

I walked up to Harold and asked, "How'd the mission go?".

Harold said, "Fine but there were civilian casualties.".

I walked away saying, "You can't win them all.".

A Day Later*

The news was hating on Bani to which Aztec and Harold went to talk with her about it.

Ember arrived with General Leo Lionheart.

We all took a seat at a conference table while Lionheart stood.

Lionheart said "The world owes The Sentinels an unpayable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives, but while a great many people see you as heroes there are some that would prefer the term vigilantes.".

Josie asked, "And what word would you use?".

Lionheart said, "How about dangerous. What would you call a group of Atlas-based enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who frankly seem unconcerned about what they leave behind.".

Lionheart brought up a clip of our battle in Atlas which had 74 casualties.

Lionheart then brought up a clip of our Havick Aircraft fight in Atlas which had 23 casualties.

Lionheart then brought up a clip of our fight in Menagerie which had 177 casualties.

Lionheart then brought up a clip of yesterday's mission which had 26 casualties.

Harold said, "Okay that's enough.".

Lionheart said, "For the past four years the Sentinels have operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement that must change.".

I spoke up and asked, "Can I be frank with you Leo.".

Lionheart said, "You may.".

I asked, "Out of those 300 casualties, how many more would've died if we weren't allowed to do our jobs? Those clips are us saving the day. So answer me this, how many more would've died if we couldn't save the day?".

Lionheart said "Countless.".

I said "No. Counted. Everyone. If we weren't allowed to do our jobs then this whole world would either be under Dragonkin rule, The White Fang would've killed millions, or the world would've been blown up by an AI. What you're proposing would make us insufficient and unsuccessful in helping the people who need our help. You're making this about politics that don't matter.".

Lionheart said, "I believe we have an idea.".

Ross set a packet down in front of Wanda and said, "The Menagerie Accords. Approved by all countries. It states that the Sentinels will answer to a United Panel.".

I said, "The Sentinels were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that.".

Lionheart said, "If I misplaced a couple of 90 megaton nukes... you can bet there'd be consequences. Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground.".