Chapter 29: All-New Sentinels

I Do Not Own RWBY. All rights for RWBY go to Mr. Monty Oum and the good folks at Rooster Teeth.

Writers whose works are and aren't included in this chapter are Sapphire_Darkhouse, Nighttra, victorblaze0522, and xxQrowBrawnwenxx, me, SnowDrrgun, Cosmickatana, thedragonmaster18, AngelFlower23, Firedragon_Yang, -Viperr-, UzukiB, AltairMorpheus, and Sandersen37. Enjoy.

On Earth(Prime Remnant)*

The Year Is 2242*

1 Year After The End Of Chapter 28*

Winter Schnee's POV*

There was a problem in the facility where we were keeping the Lamp of Knowledge.

The entire facility was being evacuated in the case of a meltdown of some sort.

We landed and Clover was waiting for us.

Harriet and I hopped out of the Bullhead and I asked, "How bad is it?".

Clover said, "That's the problem, ma'am. We don't know.".

We entered the facility, passing fleeing technicians, taking only the essentials for future projects.

Clover said, "Dr. Polendina read an energy surge from the Lamp of Knowledge four hours ago.".

Winter said, "We didn't authorize Polendina to go to the test phase.".

Clover said, "He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement.

Harriet asked, "It just turned itself on?".

I asked, "What are the energy levels?".

Clover said, "Climbing. When Polendina couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac.".

I asked, "How long to get everyone out?".

Clover said, "The facility should be clear in the next half hour.".

I said, "Do better.".

Clover stayed behind while Harriet and I headed down to the lower levels.

Harriet said, "Ma'am, evacuation may be futile.".

I asked, "We should tell them to go back to sleep?".

Harriet said, "If we can't control The Lamp of Knowledge's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance.".

I said, "I need you to make sure the prototypes are shipped out.".

Harriet asked, "Is that really a priority right now?".

I said, "Until such a time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below. Get every prototype on a truck and gone.".

Harriet said, "Yes ma'am.".

I entered the facility housing The Lamp of Knowledge. 

I said, "Talk to me, doctor.".

Dr. Pietro Polendina came out from behind the CMS machine, concerned. 

The Lamp of Knowledge was glowing unusually brighter and a flare of blue shoots out from it, hitting things at random.

Dr. Polendina said, "Director.".

I asked, "Is there anything we know for certain?".

Dr. Polendina said, "The Lamp of Knowledge is misbehaving.".

I asked, "Is that supposed to be funny?".

Dr. Polendina said, "No, it's not funny at all. The Lamp of Knowledge is not only active, she's... misbehaving.".