Chapter 18: The Sentinels: The Mystic Side

I Do Not Own RWBY. All rights for RWBY go to Mr. Monty Oum and the good folks at Rooster Teeth.

Writers whose works are and aren't included in this chapter are Sapphire_Darkhouse, Nighttra, victorblaze0522, and xxQrowBrawnwenxx, me, SnowDrrgun, Cosmickatana, thedragonmaster18, AngelFlower23, Firedragon_Yang, -Viperr-, UzukiB, and Sandersen37. Enjoy.

On Earth(Prime Remnant)*

3 Years After The End Of Chapter 17*

Ember Fall's POV*

We had a string of people committing mass murders across the world claiming it to be the work of demons and thank god we stopped them before more people were gonna get hurt.

We all met in the meeting room with one of our new members Black Rock Shooter, Josie Mathis, Daga Strith, and his sister Bani Strith, as well as Elizabeth The White Dragon.

We watched the footage of a woman hitting people with her car in Vale and 

Josh said, "These crimes were committed by law-abiding citizens.". 

Ein said, "They all claimed to have seen nightmare visions beforehand.". 

Black Rock Shooter asked, "Any clue what's causing it?". 

Josh said, "No idea.". 

Ein said, "The same pattern is repeating around the world, so there could be an overriding factor. Perhaps a magic element.". 

I said, "The criminally insane don't need magic as an excuse because they can't use it as we can. I recommend spending more time on the streets instead of flying over them.". 

I got up and said, "I'll see what I can dig up and I'll report in later.".

When I got back to Fall Manor there was a name carved in blood on my wall, "Find Ash".

Elsewhere In Atlas*

Ash Fall's POV*

I lost at another hand at poker with these demons from Bwonsamdi's Underworld dimension.

I said, "In what plane of existence does four of a kind lose?". 

The Head Honcho Demon said, "Too, too bad, Sorcerer Supreme. Have you got a new white cloak? It looks good on you.".

I turned to one of my Ancient God Pal, Aztec, and said, " What say you play a few hands, Aztec? Maybe you'd change my luck.". 

Aztec said, "The Sorcerer Supreme, Ash, the woman who perfected a good idea. The only reason I came to this dung heap of a casino is to find a Relic they may have here from ancient times.". 

The head honcho demon passed some cards out and said, "Let's play, shall we?" and the cards were passed out.

He used magic to switch his cards and I did the same turning mine into a straight flush.

The head honcho demon said, "My luck's running as hot as me naughty bits." and he went all in.

He said, "Oh, it looks like you can't call my bet, Sorcerer Supreme. By my rules, you lose.". 

I said, "I raise.". 

He asked, "With what?" and I held my hands up and snapped my fingers revealing one of the fun new things I got in this timeline, The Phantom House. 

I said, "I'm betting the house, The Phantom House. And since I'm including everything inside, it looks like you're the one that can't call, Alakazam.".