Chapter 25: The Fiery Maiden 2

I Do Not Own RWBY. All rights for RWBY go to Mr. Monty Oum and the good folks at Rooster Teeth.

Writers whose works are and aren't included in this chapter are Sapphire_Darkhouse, Nighttra, victorblaze0522, and xxQrowBrawnwenxx, me, SnowDrrgun, Cosmickatana, thedragonmaster18, AngelFlower23, Firedragon_Yang, -Viperr-, UzukiB, and Sandersen37. Enjoy.

On Earth(Prime Remnant)*

The Year Is 2238*

3 Months After The End Of Chapter 24*

Ember Fall's POV*

I was sitting in a board room.

Councilman Ironwood said, "Ms. Fall, could we pick up now where we left off? Ms. Fall. Please.".

I turned to him and asked, "Yes dear?".

Senator Ironwood asked, "Can I have your attention?".

I said, "Absolutely.".

Ironwood asked, "Do you or do you not possess a specialized weapon?".

I said, "I do not.".

Ironwood asked, "You do not?".

I said, "I do not. Well, it depends on how you define the word weapon.".

Ironwood said, "The Fiery Maiden weapon.".

I said, "My device does not fit that description.".

Ironwood asked, "Well... How would you describe it?".

I said, "I would describe it by defining it as what it is, Councilman.".

Ironwood asked, "As?".

I said, "It's a high-tech prosthesis.".

Everyone in the audience laughed and I said, "That is actually the best description I can make of it.".

Ironwood said, "It's a weapon. It's a weapon, Ms. Fall.".

I said, "Please if your priority was actually the well-being of the American citizen...".

Ironwood said, "My priority is to get The Fiery Maiden weapon turned over to the people of Atlas.".

I said, "Well, you can forget it. I am The Fiery Maiden. The suit and I are one. To turn over The Fiery Maiden suit would be to turn over myself which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution, depending on what state you're in. You can't have it." and the audience started chuckling.

Ironwood said, "Look, I'm no expert...".

I said, "In prostitution? Of course not. You're a councilman. Come on." and people laughed and I waved to them.

Ironwood said, "I'm no expert in weapons. We have somebody here who is an expert on weapons. I'd now like to call Jacques Ironwood, our current primary weapons contractor.".

I watched as the CEO of the Ironcorp and the DOD Primary Systems Contractor, and Ironwood's husband took his seat right by me.

I said, "Let the record reflect that I observed Mr. Ironwood entering the chamber, and I am wondering if and when any actual expert will also be in attendance." and I actually chuckled a little at my own snark.

Jacques said, "Absolutely. I'm no expert. I defer to you, Ember. You're the wonder girl. Councilman, if I may. I may well not be an expert, but you know who was the expert? Your mom. Cinder Fall. Really a mother to us all. We all know why we're here. In the last six months, Eber Fall has created a sword with untold possibilities. And yet, she insists it's a shield. She asks us to trust her as we cower behind it. I wish I were comforted, Ember, I really do, but this ain't Vale. You know, we live in a world of grave threats, threats that Ms. Fall will not always be able to foresee. Thank you. Gods bless The Fiery Maiden. Gods bless Atlas.".