Chapter 24: All-New Onyx Kanuchi

I Do Not Own RWBY. All rights for RWBY go to Mr. Monty Oum and the good folks at Rooster Teeth.

Writers whose works are and aren't included in this chapter are Sapphire_Darkhouse, Nighttra, victorblaze0522, and xxQrowBrawnwenxx, me, SnowDrrgun, Cosmickatana, thedragonmaster18, AngelFlower23, Firedragon_Yang, -Viperr-, UzukiB, and Sandersen37. Enjoy.

On Earth(Prime Remnant)*

The Year Is 2238*

3 Months After The End Of Chapter 23*

Onyx Kanuch's POV*

I walked down the stairs and began my walk down the 6 blocks to Vacuo Labs where I worked.

On the way over I helped an old woman across the street, a cat out of a tree for some little girls until I finally made it to Vacuo Labs.

I stepped through the front door and began walking over to the front desk.

I saw Bob at the front desk and said, "Bob, how ya doing my man? How're the kids? And how's Isabella?".

Bob laughed a little and said, "Kids are fine, I'm fine, Isabelle's doing great, she just got her newest promotion this week.".

I nodded and said, "You have such a nice family, Bob.".

Bob asked, "Thanks, are you ready for the big test today?".

I smiled widely and said, "Oh heck yeah man. Think about it, we'll have near-infinite reusable energy resources for the world soon enough and it's all thanks to one Leo Lionheart.".

Leo Lionheart walked up beside me and said, "Don't forget who developed it in the first place, Onyx. You do deserve a lot of the credit for designing it and building most of it.".

I said, "But if it wasn't for your funding for the idea then none of this would have been possible.".

Leo said, "That may be true, but it'll be you who revolutionizes the world with your new clean energy resource.".

I smiled as we both checked in and headed downstairs to where we were housing the Chronon Field Generator.

I stepped into the control room with Leo and we waited for everyone else to arrive so that we could begin the test.

Leo said "Amazing, we'll literally be turning time itself into reusable energy.".

I said, "True Leo, but we're using the smallest measurement of time otherwise known as a Chronon to fuel the machine which would lead to clean reusable energy for the world.".

Leo put a hand on my shoulder and said, "I couldn't have done this without you, Onyx.".

I said, "Same goes for you boss.".

We both started laughing as people began to enter the control room.

Soon enough it was time for us to begin the test.

I activated the Chronon Field Generator and for 10 minutes my hope of reusable energy for the world was a complete success until one of the engineers reportedly stepped on one of the valves to the Quantum Chamber which if not fixed would most likely cause an energy release so catastrophic that everyone else would die.

Everyone was put on high alert and were evacuating the facility except for me and Leo.

I exited the control room and put a master code to lock Leo out of this room.

I ran down to see what I could do to stop the Chronon Field Generator but there was no way to stop it.

All I could do was just stand in front of the Chronon Field Generator ready to sacrifice myself in order to stop the flow of Chronon Energy to everything nearby and to stop a lot of people from dying.