Season One, Episode Four: The Rookie

(Y/N)- Your Name
(L/N)- Last Name
(E/C)- Eye Color
(H/C)- Hair Color
(F/C)- Favorite Color
(H/L)- Hair Length
Enjoy!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Third Person P.O.V...
July 14th

It was the day after the Graviton Bomb incident. Mikoto Misaka was leaning on the side of a certain broken vending machine that she visited frequented. With her were her friends Kuroko Shirai, Kazari Uiharu, and Ruiko Saten. The girls just stood there, not really doing anything in particular. The only reason they were there was because mikoto said there was something, or rather someone, important she needed them to meet. "Sissy," Kuroko asked. "why exactly are we here?" the pig-tailed girl asked curious. "It's just something I think you all need to know about." mikoto answered simply. "So why are we waiting here?" uiharu pushed, just as curious as her partner. "There's someone that's missing from this meeting." mikoto kept her answers simple."Is that so?" Saten said with a sly grin. "Whoever they are, they must be important." she said, trying to get mikoto to bust. "You could say that." mikoto responded, her eyes focused on her feet.

'I don't deserve the credit. My Railgun wouldn't have made it in time back there.' mikoto thought to herself, thinking back to the incident the other day. 'It wasn't me who saved uiharu and that little girl, it was him.' As if on cue, mikoto heard a certain someone humming a tune to himself as he walked towards the group from the other side of the vending machine. Figuring it was time, mikoto pushed herself off of the vending machine and came out from behind it to meet this person face to face. In front of her was none other than the mysterious high school boy that couldn't help but play the hero. The only person to ever survive her electricity. The boy with the mysterious ability. "Eh, an ambush?" the boy whispered with a hint of fear.

"You angry?" mikoto asked, leaning against the front of the vending machine. her friends coming out from behind the machine as well to see what was going on. "Huh?" everyone else asked in confusion. "Everyone seems to think I'm the one that saved those guys from the Graviton explosion." mikoto explained, further confusing her friends. "If you come forward you'll be a hero." she said, staring at the mismatched haired boy. "Wait, what are you talking about, Misaka?" uiharu asked in confusion. "I'm saying this guy is the one that saved us when the explosion went off." mikoto explained, jabbing a thumb as said boy. "Sissy, you can't be serious!" Kuroko cried in outrage. "I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but this gentleman doesn't seem like he could have stopped that explosion." she scowled, glancing at the boy. "You saw the crime scene." mikoto argued. "Can you really think of any way my ability could have created an area where the explosion didn't even affect it? There was no iron sand for me you form a shield and it wouldn't have been very sturdy. My railgun definitely wouldn't have such an effect on the explosion." she argued.

"How do you even know this guy?" saten asked, curious. "I've challenged him to a few fights before." mikoto explained, ignoring kuroko's disappointed glare. "Nothing I do with my ability seems to affect him. He just does something with his right hand and my ability fails." she explained glancing at (y/n). 'He's also become a good friend of mine.' the brunette finished inwardly, waiting to tell her friends of her friendship with the unfortunate boy for later. The girls could barely believe what they were hearing. Before their very eyes, mikoto was admitting to having been outdone. The boy in front of them had somehow managed to best her abilities as a Level 5 Esper and apparently do things she couldn't. Theoretically, the only two people who could do that were the Number 1 and 2, and this boy certainly didn't match that description. The girls tried to come up with an answer, but were interrupted by the boy. "Why do guys care so much?" the boy asked. "Huh?" all the girls said in response. "Everybody got out of it alright. I don't really see a problem, do you?" the boy reasoned as he began to walk away. "So what difference does it make who really saved them?" he waved dismissively.