Season One, Episode Eight:AIM Burst

(Y/N)- Your Name
(L/N)- Last Name
(E/C)- Eye Color
(H/C)- Hair Color
(F/C)- Favorite Color
(H/L)- Hair Length
Enjoy!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Third Person P.O.V...
July 17th

Having left the branch office in a hurry, (y/n) and mikoto were racing to meet up with the Anti-Skill team sent to apprehend Dr. Kiyama. After being informed of where she was predicted to show up, the pair of students hailed a cab and made their way to the predicted location. If they could get there in time, they might just be able to catch the doctor and find out just why exactly she did what she did. Tension was high in the back seat of the cab. Despite knowing that Dr. Kiyama was only a researcher and nothing more, mikoto couldn't help but worry about uiharu's safety. Because of their inability to learn the truth sooner, they let uiharu walk straight into the lion's den. For all they knew, uiharu could have been taken hostage or even made into another one of the Level Upper's victims. Mikoto was overcome with worry and her constant fidgeting was evidence of that.

(Y/n) noticed this behavior and put his right hand of mikoto's shoulder. Turning towards him, mikoto saw that he had a look on his face that was equal parts serious, confident, and comforting. His eyebrows were dropped slightly, but he had a soft smile on his face. There was a fire behind his eyes that was both piercing and warm. If mikoto were to be honest, she thought he looked pretty cool at that moment. Like a hero from an anime, manga, or light novel. The image of him as some sort of knight in shining armor or superhero made her blush a little bit, but she quickly shook away the thought when he spoke. "Don't worry." (y/n) said reassuringly before staring at the road ahead of them. "Uiharu will be fine. If I can help it, I'll make sure everyone can walk away from this with a smile." he stated determinedly.

"That's a pretty lofty goal, you know that?" mikoto asked, a smile appearing on her lips even though knowing about the position they're in right now. "Maybe, but it's how I honestly feel. I can't turn my back on someone in need, and that included the aggressors of a conflict." (y/n) explained. "Everyone I've ever met that did something horrible was simply misguided. They convinced themselves that there was no way out of a situation except for whatever terrible path they took. I'm sure Dr. Kiyama is the same." (y/n) said. For a moment, a pained look appeared in his eyes when he said that. (Y/n) took his hand off of mikoto's shoulder and clutched it in front of him. He stared at it for a second before continuing.

"If that's really the case, then I swear, I'll shatter whatever messed up illusion she has!" he said determined. At that moment, mikoto took her own right hand and placed it on top of (y/n)'s fist, returning the same expression he had given her moments before. "If that's the case, then allow me to help you shatter that illusion." mikoto requested confidently. "Sure thing." (y/n) replied with a smile. "I appreciate it. Don't worry, I'll have your back." he grinned.
The Level 5 and Level 0 stared at each other for a moment, reveling in this promise they made. However, they were broken out of their exchange by the sound of an explosion going off on top of a bridge running parallel to the road they were on. Checking their surroundings, the pair realized that they were right next to the bridge that Anti-Skill said they were going to intercept Dr. Kiyama.

Stopping the cab, mikoto paid for their fare and instructed the driver to get clear of the scene. Meanwhile, (y/n) had called to Branch Office and put his phone on speaker so mikoto could hear. According the kuroko and konori on the other side of the line, Dr. Kiyama was displaying the use of multiple Esper abilities despite never undergoing ability development. She had obtained the theoretical phenomenon of Dual-Skill. This left the only possibility being a side effect of the Level Upper Network. Using a maintenance staircase on the side of the bridge, (y/n) and mikoto climbed up to find most of Anti-Skill forces were wiped out. Security bots were crushed, armored vehicles were overturned, and officers were unconscious on the ground. The entire scene was coated with dust clouds that were kicked up by the scuffle. Nearby, they saw a blue sports car parked in the middle of the road with an unconscious uiharu sitting in the passenger seat. Rushing to their friend, (y/n) pried open the passenger seat door and check on her, surprised to see a pair of handcuffs loosely attached to her wrists, as if recently opened. "How is she?" mikoto asked, looking over (y/n)'s shoulder. "She looks fine." (y/n) examined as he removed the handcuffs. "She doesn't seem hurt, just knocked unconscious." he said with a sigh of relief.