Season One, Episode Fifteen: Skill Out

(Y/N)- Your Name
(L/N)- Last Name
(E/C)- Eye Color
(H/C)- Hair Color
(F/C)- Favorite Color
(H/L)- Hair Length
(N/N)- Nickname
Enjoy!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Third Person P.O.V...
August 10th

After (y/n) was let out of the hospital, he quickly had to adjust to his 'new life'. As the church had placed index under his protection, she needed to stay somewhere where he could keep an eye on her. At first, index suggested that she stay at his place, but (y/n) quickly pointed out that he lived in a one-person student dorm, no to mention how much of an issue it would be to have a boy and a girl living together like that. Luckily, saten volunteered to house index since she still had room at her dorm and no roommate. (Y/n) could just check up on index there every so often. Of course, there was still the issue of feeding index. With how much she eats, she could easily bankrupt anyone. Anyone that wasn't a Level 5 that is. Thankfully, mikoto had plenty of funds from Academy City, so she could easily pay for the food index was bound to devour. Not only that, but they were able to afford a cell phone for index, so she could contact anyone should she need help while out in the city by herself. Granted, teaching her to use the phone was another issue, but with her photographic memory, it shouldn't be too hard, or at least they hoped so.

Despite just leaving the hospital with permanent memory loss, (y/n) had a rather lucky time. He woke up with friends that were willing to help him with his condition and a journal by his previous self to guide him in returning to normalcy for both himself and his friends. He didn't want to burden anyone else with his memory loss, so he, mikoto, kuroko, saten, and uiharu agreed to keep it a secret from others. To keep up the act, (y/n) constantly studied the old journal so he could recognize people he had know before and act like nothing changed. For almost anything that wasn't written in the journal, he had his friends to help him, such as when they reminded him about the day when he had save index.

Yup, (y/n) sorta had an rather lucky time in the week since he checked out of the hospital. However, that was something that worried him greatly. Sure, he still had his usual bad luck, like slipping on cans or being in the room when saten decided to flip uiharu's skirt (something he had only just learned about after checking the misfortune survival note his previous self left), but the overall amount of bad luck he faced was less than what his journal implied was the norm. From what he could tell, that usually meant something really bad was going to happen.

Less than a week after being let out of the hospital, kuroko had started taking (y/n) to a Judgement training facility to help him catch up on some protocol and special equipment. Protocol was an obvious must considering his memory loss, but special equipment was something kuroko herself suggested. While (y/n) could very easily take down thugs and out-of-control Espers thanks to his street fighting, Judo skills, martial arts (and his fire side according to his notebook) he managed to keep through muscle and procedural memory, the latter of which he was lucky was not affected by his accident, kuroko wanted to make sure he could help fight riots and larger opponents. As such, she was teaching him how to handle Judgement Issue riot shields and crowd control pikes. Who knows? It might come in handy if he ever had to fight an out of control Powered Suit or something. To kuroko's surprise, (y/n) was picking up the use of the pike rather quickly. In the time that they spent that morning training, the mismatched haired boy was already swinging the thing around like a bow staff. It was quite impressive.

"You're picking this up rather quickly, (l/n)." kuroko commented, impressed. "According to my journal, there have been a few incidents where I had to use a broom to hold off a few thugs I managed to make mad." (y/n) replied sheepishly. "Guess those skills transferred over through my procedural memory." "Guess you were pretty lucky in that department." kuroko mused. "Please don't bring up my luck." (y/n) deadpanned. "It's been rather tame lately. That only means something really bad is going to happen soon." he bemoaned, terrified of what it is. All kuroko could do was laugh at (y/n)'s expense. It was times like these that kuroko felt particularly close to the mismatched haired boy. In a lot of ways, these training sessions felt like dates. If only mikoto were there with them, then it would be a real paradise for kuroko. However, her enjoyment was cut short when she got a call from the 177th Judgement Branch Office.