Season One, Episode Fourteen: All or Nothing

(Y/N)- Your Name
(L/N)- Last Name
(E/C)- Eye Color
(H/C)- Hair Color
(F/C)- Favorite Color
(H/L)- Hair Length
(N/N)- Nickname
Enjoy!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Third Person P.O.V...
July 28th
Ms.Komoe's Apartment

Index hovered before everyone, completely under the control of John's Pen. She radiated immense power, more than everyone else in the room combined. Needless to say, the sight was quite the shock. For as long as anyone had known her, she was believed to be completely powerless, needed a guardian to protect her with their magic. Yet here she was, more powerful than everyone else present.
"There's something I thought didn't quite fit since all of this started." (y/n) said straight to index. "You're not an Esper like the students here, yet you told me you weren't able to use magic." he mused. Index gave no reply. Instead, she fired a laser of pure magic straight at the person John's Pen labeled as an intruder to the grimoire library, (y/n). (Y/n) reacted quickly, throwing his right hand in front of him in defense. As soon as the blast met his hand, the sound of shattering glass rang out and the negating power within took effect. (Y/n) struggled to hold his ground, using his left hand to support his right. His right hand negated the magic at an incredible rate, but it struggled to keep up with the constant flow of magic. Any more magic and (y/n)'s right hand might just meet it's limit. "She sure seems to be able to use magic to me!" saten yelled, shielding her face with her hands.

"This is impossible!" styil yelled in shock. "She told you the truth!" kanzaki called out. "She can't use magic!" she yelled. "Then what the hell is this then?! The church has been lying to you this entire time about index having no magical ability!" (y/n) snapped. "Yeah, do you get it now? And that thing about her dying if her memory's not erased every year? That's another whopper! The only thing killing her right now is what ever magic the church planted in her! We just have to find a way to stop it! After that's done, there won't be any need to erase her memory! Think about it this way. The church made index memorize a bunch of evil books without a second thought about her safety or happiness. That's the kind of group they are! Do you think they'd be likely to share their true plans with low level enforcers? Not convinced? Why don't you ask index about it yourselves?" the mismatched haired boy sneered. The entire time (y/n) gave his speech, john's pen continued to fire the attack. However, it soon realized that the attack was not working and elected to switch to an alternative spell, switching over to the new spell without skipping a beat. The new spell was another beam of magic, but much more powerful. It was several times larger than the original beam, taking nearly the entire room just to hold it.

(Y/n) continued to resist the attack, but the strain was starting to become too much. The force of the attack caused the joints in his had to crack and the blood vessels to pop. (Y/n) screamed out in pain as he tried his best to hang on. Hearing his screams, the girls quickly crowded around him and applied pressure to his back and arm, doing whatever they could to make sure (y/n) didn't drop his hand, their only surefire defense. "Why is index acting like this?" uiharu cried. "This isn't like her at all!" she said, looking under (y/n)'s right arm. "She told me about this once. It's called John's Pen." (y/n) explained. "It's a magic defense mechanism. When she is in extreme distress, it takes over her body and relays magic instructions directly from the grimoire library in her head, but I didn't think it could perform magic on its own, too." the boy said. "Clearly, she doesn't have any sort of control when this thing is active." mikoto noted. "Anyone else notice the room feels bigger?" kuroko asked.
"It must be Index." (y/n) reasoned with a pained grunt. "She might be using some sort of space distorting spell to create more distance and keep the library safe." he theorized.

Meanwhile, stiyl decided he had seen and heard just about enough from this unlucky Esper(?) with the mysterious hands. He yelled out his magic name, Fortis931, and scattered hundreds of rune cards on the walls of the apartment. Once the rune cards were in place, stiyl approached (y/n) and gripped the unlucky (l/n)'s back. "I have no interest in hearing your unproven theories." stiyl declared. "What we know for certain is this; if we do this then we save her for the time being. I'll do whatever it may take to make sure that happens. I'll kill you if I must. That's what I decided long ago, so give up!" he growled. "If you even consider hurting him." mikoto threatened, holding an arcade coin in stiyl's direction. "I won't hesitate to use this." she snarled. (Y/n) turned slightly and nodded thankfully to the brunette before turning his attention back to index. "If you want to fight me styil's, let me do your job first. After that, you better hope your church has a free grave stone, because you're going to need it." (y/n) growled. "Besides, is that really all you can hope for, sorcerer? 'For the time being'? That's not exactly a promise. I'm talking about saving her for good! There's only one question you have to ask yourself. Do you want to help Index, or are you too afraid to?!" he roared.