Season One, Episode Eighteenth: Meeting at Twilight

(Y/N)- Your Name
(L/N)- Last Name
(E/C)- Eye Color
(H/C)- Hair Color
(F/C)- Favorite Color
(H/L)- Hair Length
(N/N)- Nickname
Enjoy!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Third Person P.O.V...
August 16th
Misawa Prep School...

Whatever the girls were expecting when they agreed to help stiyl with his mission, it certainly was not this. Five seconds after stiyl and (y/n) stepped into the building and they already found a corpse. That had to be some kind of record. Based on the style of the armor, stiyl deduced it was the corpse of a knight of the Roman Catholic Church. He also deduced that many more knights must have been involved as well and that they were all wiped out in their scuffle. The prep school had become a battle field, so dying was natural. However, one thing bothered the girls as they watched (y/n)'s camera feed.

"(L/n), does anyone else in the building appear to be disturbed by the corpse?" uiharu asked. "No, not at all." (y/n) replied over his earpiece. "In fact, It doesn't look like anyone even realizes stiyl and I are here at all." he remarked in surprise. "There are two sides, heads and tails, like a coin." stiyl explained through (y/n)'s wiretap. "The boy and I are in the same place as them, but there's a barrier between us. The students are on the heads side. They can't see people on the tails side like the boy and myself. And while we can see them, we can't interfere with them in anyway." the fire mage explained. "Maybe [Imagine Breaker] can bring that barrier down?" mikoto suggested.
"Don't bother." stiyl interrupted as the mismatched haired boy started reaching for the floor. "The barrier is sustained by a core that is probably located elsewhere. There's a reason you can hide behind this barrier as well. Regardless, the death of this knight gives use one more reason to fight." stiyl explained dryly.

The girls silently watched the video feed as stiyl walked off with (y/n) following closely behind. The whole situation was rather hard to believe, all things considered. Accepting the existence of magic was already a difficult task at first, but most, if not all, doubts were dealt with the night (y/n) lost his memories. Even with coming to terms with this, seeing the things magic was capable of was still a unique experience. Both Esper abilities and magic could bend reality, but many Esper powers will still bound to certain rules and required some base in logic for them to be possible. On the other hand, more complex magic seemed to completely disregard the laws of physics and reality in general, like imbuing life into inanimate objects or creating with only a couple of runes. To see that magic could create a sort of dimensional barrier was quite extraordinary. Then, there was the matter of the killed knight. The girls expected this to be a simple reconnaissance mission, but the stakes were much higher than they originally thought. This alchemist didn't appear to have any qualms out killing those that interfered with whatever plans he had. If he would do that to a knight in full body steel armor, what could he do to (y/n), a somewhat regular high school boy armed with nothing but his supernatural right hand? The girls didn't even want to think about who badly his body could be mangled by this alchemist, yet they had just let him walk straight into the dragon's den. Their friend already lost his memories to his last magical encounter. They didn't want him to lose everything else as well.

Regardless, (y/n) had already been in the building, so the time to run had passed. It's not like he was going to walk away from this anyway, that's just how he is. The girls knew this very well and accepted it, albeit begrudgingly. They continued to observe and guide (y/n) from uiharu's computer, hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

Timeskip...

The girls continued to watch the laptop screen as it tracked (y/n)'s movements throughout the building. There wasn't much going on, just (y/n) and stiyl walking up a couple of flights of stairs. In fact, that was all that the camera was picking up for the last couple of minutes. There wasn't much in terms of conversation either, so all that the wiretap picked up for a while was radio noise and the footsteps of the two infiltrators as they climbed up a seemingly never-ending flight of stairs. It got to the point where the girls had ended up buying a couple cups of coffee from a nearby coffee shop just to not fall asleep watching the same video feed.